New Bike

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CJK

Reaction score
I have now sold my S1000RR and in its place is a new model R1200R with all the electronics, sad to see the S1000RR go as it is an amazing bike however it was to full on for me! I would like to say a big thanks to this forum for my brief time on here and all the advice and information it has available.

Cheers Guys

Thanks for the post and don't be a stranger, let s know how you get on with the new bike :).

Hey CJK, you don't have to go anywhere you can still be a member here. You never know, you might just miss the old girl too much and buy another.

Ride safe pal.

Cheers JimmyMac

I have now sold my S1000RR and in its place is a new model R1200R with all the electronics, sad to see the S1000RR go as it is an amazing bike however it was to full on for me! I would like to say a big thanks to this forum for my brief time on here and all the advice and information it has available.

Cheers Guys

Agree with Soof and Jimmy, no need to leave the forum, a number of us own other bikes apart from S1000's. It'd be great to write up how you find the R1200 v the S1K particularly as BMW look set to bring out a number of further boxer engined variants in the coming months.

Thanks guys, really liking the new bike totally different experience I've seemed to gel with it really quickly I find it much easier to ride than the S1000RR with the upright position and wide bars. The power is all low down and obviously does not have the top end rush, not that I have been up there yet as you are not supposed to go above 5K revs for the first 600 miles. The wife is a lot happier to as she now has a proper seat we went out on it yesterday and it got the thumbs up.

Pleased you're getting on well with the RS, I've got the LC motor in my GSA and unlike the old air cooled boxer you'll find it rev's pretty freely all the way to the red line which in combination with all the torque makes it a lot of fun, your RS should be pretty quick once run in as its a lot lighter than the GS too. I think my Mrs must be the exception to the rule because unless we're going long distance she prefers going on the S1000, she reckons the GSA is too steady!

Yeah loving it so far is is R1200R not the RS they are essentially the same except the fairings and lower bar clip ons. The engine seems super flexible and the handling seems pretty confidence inspiring in the bends so so far really happy.

Latest posts

Back