New 2019 BMW S1000RR: Rumour, Gossip and Intrigue...

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wish I had time to not act fella, I have laid out a lot of money on a road trip to Spain (ferry?s and hotels) based on promises made of my bike being ready June 1st at the start of this year, to be told today it will start production in September likely to receive 12 December...

Now if I hadn?t just sold my R6 I would have said yeah I will wait but don?t have the luxury, if had been told this a couple weeks ago I would have not put my R6 up for sale....

My Ferry is booked for 11th July, so I had a month and half breathing space for delivery and run in etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Well it?s after mid day... it would be nice if it genuinely was but once I get a confirmed date of an R1M I will make my decision, however based on my experience so far am very sad to say I am going off the idea of the BMW since reading the message last night and getting the news this morning/afternoon am proper gutted... and the lack of service I am getting is very disappointing to say the least.

R1M is a piggery of a bike and V4 is too high seated for me, so if delivery is delayed again I am at a loss on what I will be riding, shame

Daz

R1M is a piggery of a bike and V4 is too high seated for me, so if delivery is delayed again I am at a loss on what I will be riding, shame

Daz

That?s where I am at fella the only bike I really like is the BMW but can?t have an indefinite delivery date, planned my whole riding year out round having the bike in June, now I need a bike and the R1m was a close second back in January when I decided to order the BMW.

That’s where I am at fella the only bike I really like is the BMW but can’t have an indefinite delivery date, planned my whole riding year out round having the bike in June, now I need a bike and the R1m was a close second back in January when I decided to order the BMW.

aye, am sure I will find something I like, can’t think what off the top of my head tho, have never like the R1 and like them even less on the newer ones, but that’s just my opinion, doesn’t make them bad bikes just look like shite

Well i officially cancelled my order today. I will have a chat with the manager tomorrow regarding my trade in they have sold. Im asking for whatever they sold my bike for on the grounds that i only traded it in on the premise i was getting the new bike June/July. Otherwise i would not have sold it and certainly not at trade price.

aye, am sure I will find something I like, can?t think what off the top of my head tho, have never like the R1 and like them even less on the newer ones, but that?s just my opinion, doesn?t make them bad bikes just look like shite

I hear Yamaha r1s still have the cheese cranks ? Always breaking and Yamaha know about it but carry on producing them lol.

Well i officially cancelled my order today. I will have a chat with the manager tomorrow regarding my trade in they have sold. Im asking for whatever they sold my bike for on the grounds that i only traded it in on the premise i was getting the new bike June/July. Otherwise i would not have sold it and certainly not at trade price.

Perhaps he can give you a bike to ride discount price till the new one arrives ?

Just to add to add to the thread, I ordered my new s1000rr around 6 weeks ago and was given a delivery date of June 3rd,i received a call yesterday saying that all orders were now put back to october/November due to parts supply issues(carbon wheels for M sport were one of the parts mentioned).
I was told there would be more info this week so I'm going to hang fire and see what the dealer says before I make any decisions about my order.
My heart is pretty set on the BMW, not really another bike I really want, but I definitely won't be registering a new one in October.
Bob.

Just to add to add to the thread, I ordered my new s1000rr around 6 weeks ago and was given a delivery date of June 3rd,i received a call yesterday saying that all orders were now put back to october/November due to parts supply issues(carbon wheels for M sport were one of the parts mentioned).
I was told there would be more info this week so I'm going to hang fire and see what the dealer says before I make any decisions about my order.
My heart is pretty set on the BMW, not really another bike I really want, but I definitely won't be registering a new one in October.
Bob.

Well my dealer was not that clear on what was going on... they have till Yamaha get back to me and I will decide then so three to four days.

I hope this isn't true, will be a bad joke if it is.
Not sure what I'll do about my order if it turns out to be right. I don't understand how they can be so far behind where they thought they would be? Surely this is worked out and planned waaaay in advance?!

I hope this isn't true, will be a bad joke if it is.
Not sure what I'll do about my order if it turns out to be right. I don't understand how they can be so far behind where they thought they would be? Surely this is worked out and planned waaaay in advance?!

The manager I spoke to said the parts supply issues were due to much higher demand for the new bike than anticipated, this wouldn't explain why a certain amount of new bikes weren't going out on time though🤔

The manager I spoke to said the parts supply issues were due to much higher demand for the new bike than anticipated, this wouldn't explain why a certain amount of new bikes weren't going out on time though樂

But surely they will have parts to fill some orders, the first people who paid for them?! Fair enough if batch 2 is delayed but I want mine now!

But surely they will have parts to fill some orders, the first people who paid for them?! Fair enough if batch 2 is delayed but I want mine now!

I know that feeling, first ever brand new bike and its all gone tits up😭
If I find out anything else this week I'll post on here👍

Latest posts

Back