NEC motorcycle live

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DL84

Reaction score
alright lads , anyone going to this? due to a mate canceling I am jumping down to this on Saturday with my mate and bro. flying from glasgow at 7am and fly back at 9pm.

Last edited:
Hiya davy, I'm going on Monday 21st. Was there yesterday at the Classic car show with my Dad, embarrassingly my first, second and later cars were all there. Its official........ I'm nearly as old as Stuart.

Enjoy your day out Davy, I flew down yesterday from Edinburgh. If you want to buy something but can't get it back on the plane give me a shout as I am driving down next week in case I buy lots of stuff I don't need and could get it back up the road for you.

My first car, an MG Metro Turbo. Ahhh...........

JimmyMac

Hiya davy, I'm going on Monday 21st. Was there yesterday at the Classic car show with my Dad, embarrassingly my first, second and later cars were all there. Its official........ I'm nearly as old as Stuart.

Enjoy your day out Davy, I flew down yesterday from Edinburgh. If you want to buy something but can't get it back on the plane give me a shout as I am driving down next week in case I buy lots of stuff I don't need and could get it back up the road for you.

My first car, an MG Metro Turbo. Ahhh...........

JimmyMac

I had one of these as well , in silver. Traded it for a MK2 XR2 in white.

I had a canary yellow one. Rust bucket. The exhaust had a hole in it under the engine and the floor was so badly rotten the fumes would come through the floor if stuck in traffic. Some idiot tried to steal it once but ran off half way through smashing up the ignition. The fix was more than the car was worth so I hot wired it for over a year until the clutch went (I kept driving it for a while longer crunching the gears) and then sold it for scrap. They don't make em like they used to, thankfully.

Dont listen to that lying bastard.. heres his 1st car...a good old Dagenham Dustbin.... circa 71

7204cf8831d79077a5555e677bf6e57a.jpg

Sent from Galaxy S7

lol cheers Jimmy apricate the offer but am really going to try and not spend any money apart from beer, nearly as old as stu?? surly no ....lol , they wee MG turbos were great when a was younger the local drug dealer had one used to bomb about thinking he was the shit lol in a metro ffs....

Dont listen to that lying bastard.. heres his 1st car...a good old Dagenham Dustbin.... circa 71

7204cf8831d79077a5555e677bf6e57a.jpg

Sent from Galaxy S7

71? I was only 2 years old then, was that no the year you finished serving your time?

JimmyMac

Sorry for the thread hijack Davy but taking the piss out of Stu takes priority. Hahaha

My Mum worked in Dagenham for Ford PR in the '60's (as did a number of other family members over the years, get together's resembled a Ford car lot) and knew Jim Clark, Graham Hill and Roger Clark, she'd often get lifts to work in Lotus Cortinas and Mustangs, unfortunately I then came along and screwed the whole thing up! Re Metros, they were pretty crap, I had the 'eco' 1.0 HLE which had high gearing enabling it with a scary 105mph top speed if you stood on the accelerator down a long enough hill, mind you it's lack of power and skinny tyres made it a brilliant and fun tool in the snow...

Last edited:
You need to be quicker than that Jimmy... here wheres my axle nut... bet youve hoovered a chinky wi the money...ya gutsy fucker

Sent from Galaxy S7

Went to the nec on Saturday and didn't really see anything to make me want to swap the Beemer in the same price range, not to keen on the styling of the new gixer and the new blade is a bit bland also. If money was no object it would have to be the norton followed closely by the Ducati super legerra.

Back