Mr.Dave got on the bus

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.Dave

Reaction score
Hello ,
I am probably the most unlikely new member , until this week. Here's a story.

in 1981 I got a fifty.....in 1982 I got a two-fifty, then in 1983 with my license and work a three-fifty and I fell under the RD and LC spell, sport bikes followed up to seven-fifty cc,s
a gap here and there with a wife and son and bikes as and when I could.
then in 2001 I bought a Harley Sportster, then a Harley 1340 Lowrider, then ( you can see where we are going ) a Harley Fatboy, then a Harley FLD, then a New Harley 1690 Fatboy that had tuner ( yes really ) I messed with ve tables , afr, spark advance..... I loved it. Then my son bought, guess what? Yep a Harley Sportster a year and a half ago which brings us to this week.
So I took out a cheap iPad subscription to MCN and started reading ...... I looked at the Panigale 899 and loved it, then read on the BMWs and the electrics package, slowly it interested me more until I ended up at the very nice people at Lind Motorrad in Norwich.

Now the rest you can guess, test ride which probably surprised them a little ( not as much as me,my feet were about three feet back and higher than I ever remember placing them )
well.... That was it trade done and a new 2014 RR with free pegs and pipe will be my new scoot, no one can believe it but I can't wait.

so hello to you all , if you see someone trying to get his feet on the pegs next week that will be me. Soon adjust though I am sure.

Dave.

Hi welcome, that's some Harley collection you have owned, I've always fancied having a ride on a Harley sports model. I think it's my bad back that wants it. As an ex Harley owner do you get many problems with them, they seem to plod on for ever, although I imagine servicing is not cheap. Well you will definitely get a buzz from the BMW.

Well I personally had very little trouble over considerable mileage in total. The FLD was the only one and eventually was taken back at purchase price against the Fatboy that is now waiting to be swapped as soon as th RR is registered and the freebie parts fitted.
servicing is really easy but the dealer price is no different to most other premium brands.
if I had the option to keep both it would be a dead cert,with good pipes rumbling along at 2200 Rpm at seventy is great. Yes they get you.

i just got a yearning to have the ability to lean hard into corners ( for me anyway ) and have the BMW s extra performance etc.

hopefully I have only given up probably the greatest cruiser for the greatest sport bike.

ride safe ,

Back