Metzeler M7RR

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I paid ?231 ride in ride out at Wheel House Tyres in Birmingham

Right then, it would appear I'm getting bummed on prices from my local tyre place. Would it be worthwhile having a dedicated tyres section where we can rate and compare prices?

Last edited:
Soof - have you got a local BlackCircles affillitate? If so they are fairly competative for a ride in out.

Alex, I must be missing something. Get nothing motorbike relevant when I search for blackcircles affiliate, and blackcircles only mail order bike tyres, no fitters on their website.

It's not easy but in their garage directory I would look for local companies that have 2-wheel alignment. That should mean they do Motorbike tyres too... Then its a case of calling. The Pirelli SP V2's for the non HP4 came in at ?254 mail order...so maybe not the best right now...

Got home to find the dtc was showing 3 bars and had not noticed a thing. Bike and tyre working in harmony!

Cavey - the M7RR tyres are really good and most of us get 4k + out of the rear with spirited riding and a few trackdays too. Quite a few here have fitted them, including me, and they perform very well, in the wet also.

Do you recommend this tyre, need new boot's on the Beamer,& off to the IOM again next year. Cheers Greenstar.

Do you recommend this tyre, need new boot's on the Beamer,& off to the IOM again next year. Cheers Greenstar.

I sure do. I have a new set ready and waiting for when the olds are done. There are a few other tyres now available with similar credentials so it really depends on what you fancy.....

I was wondering how these would hold up on an S1000RR to be honest, my previous bikes being Aprilia RSV's had them and they were absolutely fantastic tyres and worked excellent on track too. Never tried them in the wet and didn't expect them to be up to much but I couldn't see them being any worse than Supercorsa's :calm:

I was wondering how these would hold up on an S1000RR to be honest, my previous bikes being Aprilia RSV's had them and they were absolutely fantastic tyres and worked excellent on track too. Never tried them in the wet and didn't expect them to be up to much but I couldn't see them being any worse than Supercorsa's :calm:

I went from the SP2s that came factory fitted on the HP4 to the M7RRs. The difference in the wet is huge. I had no confidence with the SP2s after getting caught out with them at Oulton on what felt like the only wet day in July '13.

The M7RRs feel much more grippy in the wet, and performance is solid. They do give a tiny bit back on a dry track compare to the SP2s but I can live with that, makes the TC work a bit harder :).

I would prefer the SP2s if I was guaranteed dry conditions at every trackday.

Not sure will go with them again to be honest. Bloody good in the wet but found the front a bit vague which is not helped by the stiffness in the suspension. Getting suspension done next month so will hold out until then to replace. Not sure what with though

I'm hoping someone will review the new Michelin Power tyres. With their new MotoGP contract imminent they released 6 new sports tyres for 2015+...not seen a lot of info about them yet though.

Bike on 15k so 9k out of the M7RR. They are completely fooked and let go under hard acceleration now! Still the traction control is dealing with it admirably. Going to get some Pilot Road 4s and see how I go. FWR want ?260 ride in. Going to use Tyre leader. ?190 delivered and ?30 for my local tyre place to fit them to loose wheels.

I purely commute and find the metz brilliant in the wet very confidence inspiring.
Had two sets on my old gsxr 750 k8 for commuting and never once got a puncture. Use to get a puncture every month or so on any other tyres I've ever used.
Highly recommend them.

Michelin fitted. ?190 delivered and ?30 fitted to loose wheels. Front has a captive spacer so really easy to fit. Rear was easy compared to the gixxer as the spacers are larger and fit further in and stay in the wheel better.

Latest posts

Back