M7rr's on track?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ive always loved the dunlop 212 gp pros and when i got the beamer i went with the dunlop sportsmart 2s for the road.
Both tyres inspire a lot of confidence

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
I've got Sportsmart 2s on the Beemer an prefer them to the M7RRs. Didn't get on with Pilot Road 4's. Its all personal with tyres. Run 211GPs on my Gixxer cos they don't do the 212 in 180 size.

I can vouch for S21s. Done 3 trackdays on mine so far and a bunch of road miles, loads of grip and plenty of life left. Granted they're not a full on track tyre but they have triple compound construction and I want a do it all tyre that won't square off in 600 miles of road riding, like the K3s do.

M7rr's are definitely my goto tires for the road. Put 6000kms on them racing through the alps last year and they were still round.
Great traction all around. Getting ready too leave for the track last month my BMW won't get out of limp mode so i took my ducati which has M7rr's.
They performed really well. Track temp was about 25degC. Didn't push anywhere near what i do with the BMw but had absolutely no problems. 31f 29r.
IMG_0662_zps5viysbnx.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Not bad! Today was m7rr test day at brands and they're good for my level. They are no k3 for sure, but perfectly acceptable. Wear was good, I had to drop the rear to 28 and there was a bit of tearing around the leading edges, but they are far more resilient than the k3. On the down side, there was less feel, max lean was a knee down 48 but I wasn't getting the feedback to push any harder. The feedback issue meant that there was some very tentative trail breaking, unlike the k3 interract that seems to just fill you with the 'go on, you know you can' messages. I wont be using them again on track, as they'll be worn out before spring, and then I'll go back to a more track type tyre. I managed a 58 lap, not fast I know, but faster than I was expecting. Front was a bit wooden but never let me down. Rear was a bit wooden too but didn't give me any problem once I got the pressure down. The profile was very good, no suprises and the tip in was predictable and consistent. No idea how much more I had to go on them, and I wasn't going to find out! Perfect for inters If you're riding to the track and winter is looming...

Were you the one with the back pack on? Decided to do brands last minute, turned out a nice warm day after the dew cleared lol
probably! I had a backpack but not on track. Was an ideal end to the season for me. A few dodgy spills today, I was standing near the straight when the red lights were on and a group were slowing down, but unfortunately then had to listen to the sickening screech of broken plastic after some poor soul ran into the back of them. Walking wounded I think thank gawd...
Dodgy early sessions with that dew tho.
I was on the Black 2016.

Thought so, meant to come and see you but never materialised lol. Yes, not good collision on the straight. T
Didn't go out till 3Rd session when the dew had dried up, great weather rest of day. Was on the white/green in fast group.

Thought so, meant to come and see you but never materialised lol. Yes, not good collision on the straight. T
Didn't go out till 3Rd session when the dew had dried up, great weather rest of day. Was on the white/green in fast group.
We'll catch up next time bananaman, I get there as often as I can so no doubt I'll run into you. You can give me some tips! Next time I'll be delving into slick mode and trying not to confuse myself. Would welcome some guidance!

Back