Luggage

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Split

Reaction score
Morning all... I'm looking to buy some luggage for my 2016 rr !! What are you guys using and best place to buy?? Had a top box drilled to the seat on my blade

I'm in exactly the same situation - I have a 2015 RR without the pillion seat or rear pegs so I need to find a solution to attach my Kriega US20 / 10 combo.

Whilst searching last night, I came across the Hepco and Becker sport rack which essentially replaces the pillion seat - looks like a pretty good solution, anybody ever seen or tried this option ?

http://www.moto24.co.uk/hepco-becke...9;86732;4971&gclid=CNPaqMX458oCFSoOwwodKNgCoQ

Colin

I think that plate is the ultimate solution for soft luggage without the pillion seat/pegs. anything that stops the bags slipping fwd would be idea as I find that's a continuous issue even with them.

Would make a great camera base too...

Last edited:
I use the Ventura system and when no luggage fitted I swap the rack over for the smaller sports rack. Both Ventura and Kriega are absolutely first class, I just went for Ventura as it's quicker to take the bags on and off the bike. Perfectly stable at 130mph on an autobahn. I have got used to the rack being on the bike now and actually find it an advantage as you have something to grab on to at the rear when manoeuvring the bike.

Still fancy trying to find a second hand seat and modifying it... Will the older seats fit the new bikes?

Brilliant Alex well done with that !! What I wanted to know was does the old seat fit the new model !?! So if you could find that out I'd appreciate it 😂😂

Hi all. Sorry this is a bit of a hijack but luggage related so don't see the point in starting a new thread... I'm looking at a BMW tail pack to go with my eBay bargain tank bag. Does anyone know the part numbers for the gen1 and gen2. I can't seem to find a definitive answer using Google all I can really find is the part number fits s1k. The part number of the one I'm looking at is 77497726110 and I'm hoping it'll fit a gen2. Anyone have an opinion on these? Are they secure/stable at autobahn speeds etc. Thanks

Brilliant Alex well done with that !! What I wanted to know was does the old seat fit the new model !?! So if you could find that out I'd appreciate it 

Yes it does, 2 min job to swop the lock barrel from the cowl into the seat

Hi all. Sorry this is a bit of a hijack but luggage related so don't see the point in starting a new thread... I'm looking at a BMW tail pack to go with my eBay bargain tank bag. Does anyone know the part numbers for the gen1 and gen2. I can't seem to find a definitive answer using Google all I can really find is the part number fits s1k. The part number of the one I'm looking at is 77497726110 and I'm hoping it'll fit a gen2. Anyone have an opinion on these? Are they secure/stable at autobahn speeds etc. Thanks

2012+
77 49 8 533 749
http://www.kfm-motorraeder.de/cms/en/genuine-spare-parts/bmw-spare-parts?itemid=77498533749
?105+del

<2011
77 49 7 726 109
http://www.kfm-motorraeder.de/cms/en/genuine-spare-parts/bmw-spare-parts?itemid=77497726109
?99+del

Last edited:

The bag with the white embossed BMW Mot?rrad writing on it is the one you want if that helps. The first gen bag the writing is in black.

Seems like the one I'm looking at is for gen1 then. Not sure why the part number is different to the one on the website you've linked Alex, but the writing is black and seller has just confirmed that he had a gen1. To be honest at the prices that you've linked from the website it's hardly worth bidding on anyway as new is only 30 quid more than his starting bid. Thanks guys.

Back