Luggage on pillion seat

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pdg

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm new to the forum, having just added a 2014 S1000RR Sport to my garage. I usually go to the Isle of Man TT with camping gear that fits into Kriega 30L + 20L packs, stacked on top of each other. This has been fitted to my K1300S pillion seat without any problems.

Does anyone have any advice about fitting luggage (e.g. Kriega 30L + 20L packs) to the pillion seat of an S1000RR. I'm not going to use the loops on the seat, but fit Kriega loops to the pillion subframe ....?

Many thanks, Peter.

I bought the hepco and becker luggage rack after various recommendations and am very happy with it. My kriega packs (30,2x 20,10 on the top and sleeping bag on rear) all very secure at motorway speeds on trips down south.

Peter I did a week in Spain with the same 30+20 Kriega set up, and I did use the seat loops. Had to fit two extras at the front but all was absolutely fine no issues.

74cd7fd1f6aeba6b74d51640555a8a01.jpg

I have the same Kreiga 30L + 20L packs that I used a lot on my GSXR. So far with the S1000RR I've successfully used the 20L pack as a 'day bag' mounting it using the Kreiga straps under the seat (not the seat loops). This was very stable. Not yet tried it with the bigger 30L pack or double combination, but I think it will work.

Many thanks. Looks ideal. I have a 2014, but hopefully the seat isn't too different to the newer model.

I've a seat already drilled with plate fitted and a 32 litre top box to go on it if anyone is interested in buying

Hi pipehose I'm open to sensible offers... it's just sat in my attic doing nothing!! It's a brand new seat courtesy of Bmw for messing me around! My friend and drilled and fitted the plate... it worked perfect on my other bikes.... you don't even know it's on there!! Both knees down when in France mate said it's one of the funniest things he's seen

I bought the hepco and becker luggage rack after various recommendations and am very happy with it. My kriega packs (30,2x 20,10 on the top and sleeping bag on rear) all very secure at motorway speeds on trips down south.

This looks interesting. Do you need to remove the tail plastics to fit the rack or does it go on top - not clear from pictures I've seen. Does it use the existing pillion footpegs as mounts?

It fits in place of the pillion seat,no modification of bike required. As the plate is wider than a pillion seat it protects the plastics on rear of bike especially using the full Kriega setup with the us20 as panniers.
97a2103c245d81230d9fc85c42fa7f91.jpg

f8e444c9a82dfdc48f9fc250417af21d.jpg

357387320b91eacc923c50441b610e7d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheers Mate. That looks excellent! The Kreiga packs look really solid in a way they are not when sitting on top of a seat. I think I'll get one of those for the summer!. I presume you need to swap the lock barrel from the seat or cowl to the frame?

Latest posts

Back