Luggage Gen 4 options

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This time with the link

Has anyone got one of these?
I can't find any reviews or even pics of one fitted

I do and think it?s excellent. It?s small, smaller than the equivalent product for the previous Gen bikes from Wunderlich. But, for carrying the small, regularly used, essential items I find it to be extremely useful.

Follow the attached link to see photos of it, and the Tail bag fitted.

https://s1000rrforum.co.uk/showthread.php?15815-Oli?s-Gen-4-RR&p=155442#post155442

Last edited:
Thanks oli
Looks good. May have to go for the tank bag for everyday rides
Have a European trip in Sept (quarantine restrictions allowing) so will need something a bit heftier across the tail.

Thanks oli
Looks good. May have to go for the tank bag for everyday rides
Have a European trip in Sept (quarantine restrictions allowing) so will need something a bit heftier across the tail.

Where do you intend travelling to and for how long? Hope you have a good time, I would like to do a Euro Tour someday.

I like the look of the BMW saddlebags, as they can be used in conjunction with try tail bag. So you?d have 50 litres storage at the back

Last edited:
Just across into Netherlands Belgium and France -only 5days. Was supposed to be Portugal but c19 knocked that on the head.
Not keen on the bags as generally there is all the extra bars and stuff to fit. More likely to go down the ugly but practical tail luggage plate shown earlier in the thread

Whatever I do , I'm going going to have sort it soon as nearly August. Plus I dont even have the bike yet (3weeks late!)

Where you think of heading once europe opens its doors again oli

This time with the link

Yes , i have one , first one fitted was faulty as they come supplied with 2 fixing studs , the studs which go into air-box cover are very sturdy , it was one of the female stud fixing on the bag that failed , BMW dealer has replaced under warranty . 1.5L Bag is very good & would highly recommend it fits really well ( i am sure i just got a faulty one & would be happy to recommended & like it a lot).
Its not big enough for touring its an everyday essential item bag , I also have the BMW larger 10L tank bag which is also very good & has a waterproof liner included & is expandable.

Last edited:
This one?

https://www.bahnstormer.co.uk/product/s-1000-rr-2019-small-tank-bag/
RR19-Small-Tank-Bag.jpg

Yes , i have one , first one fitted was faulty as they come supplied with 2 fixing studs , the studs which go into air-box cover are very sturdy , it was one of the female stud fixing on the bag that failed , BMW dealer has replaced under warranty . 1.5L Bag is very good & would highly recommend it fits really well ( i am sure i just got a faulty one & would be happy to recommended & like it a lot).
Its not big enough for touring its an everyday essential item bag , I also have the BMW larger 10L tank bag which is also very good & has a waterproof liner included & is expandable.

Thanks vengeance
Which 10l tank bag have you got. Are you happy with it? Does it get in the way either physically or visually for tft or controls?

Thanks vengeance
Which 10l tank bag have you got. Are you happy with it? Does it get in the way either physically or visually for tft or controls?

I have the BMW Motorrad 10L tank bag (link provided , go to Stowage & Tank bag 10L) https://www.bmw-motorrad.co.uk/en/m...es.html#/section-accessories-for-the-s1000-rr

The Bag is a perfect fit & is well made with great ergonomics, I will post some pictures on another thread showing all my luggage on the bike & the sat nave mount i have which is very different to any old sat nav mount.
The 10L tank bag coem with an waterproof inner bag & is an excellent design , the fron of the tank bag has an hidden opening for cables to pass through if needed.

I had all the Motorrad luggage on my 2018 S1000RR & would defo say IMHO this new BMW luggage is well very designed & better than the previous range for the RR.

Last edited:
This time with the link

I've got one. Love it. Fits really well. You just swap out 2 tank screws for studs and the bag clips to the studs. I wanted something small as I have a sat nav mounted between the dash and the bag. It works fine. Big enough to get a phone, wallet and passport (should I ever need it) in. It's well made too. Plus a rain cover.

This time with the link

I have one of these thinking of selling it as it?s too small for me. The fit is perfect and idea is very best. It?s great other than a bit small for what I need.

I have one of these thinking of selling it as it?s too small for me. The fit is perfect and idea is very best. It?s great other than a bit small for what I need.

how much u want Kev if you were selling?

I've got one. Love it. Fits really well. You just swap out 2 tank screws for studs and the bag clips to the studs. I wanted something small as I have a sat nav mounted between the dash and the bag. It works fine. Big enough to get a phone, wallet and passport (should I ever need it) in. It's well made too. Plus a rain cover.

Tried to order one of these. Twice now the dealerships have taken the order and then cancelled saying they thought they had stock but don't. Both said that BMW are quoting late September delivery. One said there is a quality control issue.

Anyone know where you can get one?
Anyone know what the issue may be?

Just ordered one from motobins (H&B Official UK dealer) ?159.36. Still think it looks ugly, and is quite expensive for a sheet of metal with a few holes drilled into it, but should do me for touring. Just hope it arrives in time for my trip to Spain in June...

67065170001.jpg
Hi
I see a number of guys have gone for one of these
Seems like the only option for putting more than a tail pack

How easy is it to swap the seat back as I would only want it on when I am going away. 10 minute job or more like an hour? I looked at their product notes which were a bit sketchy and seemed to indicate that you have to take bits off the pillion seat

10second job.
It is no different to swapping the seat for a cowl.
Gen4 added bonus is no locks to mount which was a pita on the gen1-3

- Alex

Latest posts

Back