Loose Nuts

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SimonOrsborn

Reaction score
I'm a bit annoyed tonight! Here's the thing.....

I took the rear wheel off my bike, in readiness for new tyre fitting, only to find that the main axle nut was not torqued up. The chain adjuster lock nuts were not tight and the adjusters were all loose as well. BMW serviced it last October and these things don't loosen up themselves if tightened to spec. Feel like I need to go over the whole bike now to check the rest of it. Yeah, I should have spotted it earlier but the chain tension was ok so I didn't go any further than that.

Think I need to make a phone call tomorrow :blue:

Like you had a rude awakening to BMW servicing.Briefly bought my 2015 last March took it in for it's 600 mile service waited for it and attempted to ride it home.Whilst on a duel carriageway going round a slight bend at around 90 the back wheel spun out on me from right to left and back the opposite way.Lots of head shaking on the bars I thought my number was up it slowly came back under control the reason for this was not a suspected puncture but 4 litres of oil over the rear wheel because the twat forgot to torque the sump plug.So zero confidence in the badge versus quality assumption.

Like you had a rude awakening to BMW servicing.Briefly bought my 2015 last March took it in for it's 600 mile service waited for it and attempted to ride it home.Whilst on a duel carriageway going round a slight bend at around 90 the back wheel spun out on me from right to left and back the opposite way.Lots of head shaking on the bars I thought my number was up it slowly came back under control the reason for this was not a suspected puncture but 4 litres of oil over the rear wheel because the twat forgot to torque the sump plug.So zero confidence in the badge versus quality assumption.

Thats actually scary Masho.. ffs !... lucky you werent hounding it on.. that could have been a mechanical disaster or life threatening more to the point

stu's phone

Last edited:
Jesus. Neither story is good. Think I'll be getting the torque wrenches out at the weekend!

- Sent from Mobile Device

Actually I missed the lead post there.. thats also scary...really elementary stuff totally omitted at the dealers.. frighteningly incompetant

stu's phone

Latest posts

Back