Locked in Rain Mode

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roger64racing

Reaction score
Has anybody had problems in not being able to get it out of "Rain" mode? A "Slick" mode plug was fitted and since then it has locked itself into Rain mode even if the Slick mode plug has been removed. Followed all the instructions in the manual.

Has anybody had problems in not being able to get it out of "Rain" mode? A "Slick" mode plug was fitted and since then it has locked itself into Rain mode even if the Slick mode plug has been removed. Followed all the instructions in the manual.

I just had my switch gear on both handle bars replaced for this same issue, get it to a BMW dealer asap and get it done under warranty.

Somehow I don't think I'll get it under warrenty, It's on my Sidecar. Just a note to say that it does allow you to scroll through the different modes, but it does not except the one you choose.

Are you sure its not the switch? have you upgraded the Clutch lever by any chance?

Somehow I don't think I'll get it under warrenty, It's on my Sidecar. Just a note to say that it does allow you to scroll through the different modes, but it does not except the one you choose.

aha, in which case the ECU isn't seeing the clutch being disengaged.
The mode switch will only change if the clutch lever is pulled in fully or if the bike isn't running i'm sure.

I'm not using a switch on the clutch lever, I have a seperate switch for that. Even had the BSB BMW race support guys on it at Brands Hatch and they drew a blank. The clocks and ECU are from different bikes, (I know they should be a coded pair) I am wondering if that has something to do with it?

After purchasing a new set of clocks (matched to the ECU) I still have the problem where it will not except "Slick" mode. BMW are now saying it could be my ABS modulator and or ABS pump faulty? Before I go and splash out on more parts I was wondering if there is any body that would be willing to lend me a 2010/11 ABS pump and modulator for a week or so so that I could try it on my sidecar just to eliminate the problem, I'd pay for the carriage and get you into BSB (sidecar) round of your choice FOC this year, or Doninghton WSB end of May.

After purchasing a new set of clocks (matched to the ECU) I still have the problem where it will not except "Slick" mode. BMW are now saying it could be my ABS modulator and or ABS pump faulty? Before I go and splash out on more parts I was wondering if there is any body that would be willing to lend me a 2010/11 ABS pump and modulator for a week or so so that I could try it on my sidecar just to eliminate the problem, I'd pay for the carriage and get you into BSB (sidecar) round of your choice FOC this year, or Doninghton WSB end of May.

Hi, I'm messaging you regarding the issue you had with the mode selection! I believe the clocks have also been changed on my bike too. Can I ask how you went to go about rectifying the situation? I might be able to help you out with your abs fault too with a bit of guidance. Thanks, Kevin.

Hi Kevin, I have'nt solved it yet, it still wont change modes, it's locked in "Sport" mode. If I put the Slick coding plug in it then goes into "Rain" mode (which it should do anyway) but then I cant get it of "Rain" mode. The only way I have managed in the past is to get it back into any other mode is to remove the ECU and connect it to another working bike and then change to the mode I want (should have chosen "Slick" but I didn't). Iv'e had Park Lane and Buildbase BMW play with the electrics and they have also hit a brick wall. I'm sure it's something to do with a fault in the ABS system, the Red light is permenantly on on the dash indicating a fault, which I belive is what you have to? I've fitted a new set of clocks (Park lane matched these to the ECU, £700 worth) and tried 3 ABS pumps/modulators. This has been ongoing for months now and I must get it sorted one way or another. If you could give me any help Kevin I would be greatful.

Finally sorted the problem of not changing mode. I got my self a GS911, plugged it in and looked for any faults and low and behold there was a string of faults with the ABS module, simply cleared them, hey presto switching to all modes. Now I have 4 ECUs with keys all operating as they should. Happy days. The GS911 is a cracking bit of kit. If anybody is in the Marlborough area and wants their bike plugged in, let me know.

Latest posts

Back