Left hand switch problems

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My headlights went out at night on a country lane 5miles from home, the full beam light was on on the dash. after an interesting ride home, and a call to Bahnstormer in Maidenhead, 4days later the bike had been collected, left switchgear replaced and bike dropped back, no mention of any payment.

Will definately use them again.

5 miles in the dark - haha, bet that put hairs on yer chest.

Just picked up my bike today from Benham Motorrad in Wolverhampton. New uprated L&R switchgear supplied & fitted FOC even though out of warranty by 10 months.

The starter button failed while the bike was sat on paddock stands in my garage. Went to start it & nothing !!

My usual dealer where I bought the bike & who've done all of the servicing didn't really want to know (unless I basically paid for parts & labour). They even said they had no knowledge of switchgear problems even though they'd replaced the LH one under warranty when the bike was 9 months old due to failure of the high beam switch.

Benham Motorrad were the complete opposite. Friendly, helpful & honest, even though I had never dealt with them before. They were extremely confident that BMW would agree to replace the faulty RH switch & that the LH one would also be replaced at the same time.

I had the bike recovered & taken to Benham, and within 2 days received notice that both switches had been replaced. Not even any labour to pay for.

I know who'll be getting my business from now on.

+1 from me, I bought my bike from Benham even though Pidcocks is 10 mins from my house. Great guys real bikers!

5 miles in the dark - haha, bet that put hairs on yer chest.

It did indeed!

I went for a combination of crawling at walking pace until a car came, then nailing it and following their lights till they turned off... then back to walking pace! It was interesting to say the least!

Hi i was at Benham's last week and they told me they would replace any switch problems free of charge.

Latest posts

Back