Kiwi S1R 2011 track bike

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
H Peter, nice to have a new Kiwi on here. You come from such a beautiful country, didn't know you had much of a track culture over there.

Enjoy the the new bike.

JimmyMac

Welcome to the forum Peter and congratulations on your new RR!

+1 on what Jimmy says, NZ is a beautiful country.
Do you do any road riding too, or are you exclusively a track rider?

Enjoy the forum, there?s a fantastic community on here and loads of information.

Hope you have many happy miles ahead of you [emoji4]

Oli

Thanks for the welcome guys.

Yeah not many track and access to them is limited but not a lot of options for a old burned out road racer eh.

Hopefully I can get some good info on getting it track worthy on you site. The US one is USELESS.

I am on a tight budget hence getting a gen 1 bike. It's originally from France. It's got a full Akro pipe and Powermaster 5. Honestly it didn't look like it had been clean

I had my first track day on it on Saturday and the I think I need to think about is the ECU as it's a little tame? on acceleration at high lean angles. I have some Racefoxx GP shift rearsets to fit and will get some race fairing asap too.

Cheers Peter.

Thanks for the welcome guys.

Yeah not many track and access to them is limited but not a lot of options for a old burned out road racer eh.

Hopefully I can get some good info on getting it track worthy on you site. The US one is USELESS.

I am on a tight budget hence getting a gen 1 bike. It's originally from France. It's got a full Akro pipe and Powermaster 5. Honestly it didn't look like it had been clean

I had my first track day on it on Saturday and the I think I need to think about is the ECU as it's a little tame? on acceleration at high lean angles. I have some Racefoxx GP shift rearsets to fit and will get some race fairing asap too.

Cheers Peter.

Hi and welcome. Tame? think you may have it in rain mode lol. Stick it in slick, see how you get on :chuncky:

Hi.

Tame was a relative description. She was on slick mode. It did feel like it was holding itself back a high lean in second and third gear (I've fitted -1 +2 gearing) and just doesn't feel like it pull any harder of the slow corners than my standard 2012 Tuono does. Once stood up it pulled hard and snapped up a couple of wheel stands when I was expecting it as I thought the wheelie control would have kicked in.

I really would like some good advice on the ECU reflash options so hopefully my profile options get upgraded so I can post some questions.

Cheers PD

Hi.

Tame was a relative description. She was on slick mode. It did feel like it was holding itself back a high lean in second and third gear (I've fitted -1 +2 gearing) and just doesn't feel like it pull any harder of the slow corners than my standard 2012 Tuono does. Once stood up it pulled hard and snapped up a couple of wheel stands when I was expecting it as I thought the wheelie control would have kicked in.

I really would like some good advice on the ECU reflash options so hopefully my profile options get upgraded so I can post some questions.

Cheers PD

Don't remember my gen1 having any restriction on lean apart from the tc kicking in (which was crude to these days standard)

I am not sure if its just in my head or not but just kind of thought it would feel more brutal in lower gears. My 04 ZX10R would make my vision blur it would pull so hard in 1st 2nd gears.

Apart from a quick ride home after purchase i've only ridden it once on the local track so still very much finding my feet when it come to getting the best out of it but I do have almost 20 racing experience under my belt but have only got back to the track this year after 10 years off.

Have you had your ecu reflashed?

PD

Latest posts

Back