Key problems

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So dropped some 3 in 1 in to each keyhole... looks to have done the job..

stuarts phone
Hi Stuart, 3 in 1 is a bit on the thick side mate, it will attract all sorts of dirt. Best to flush it out with some WD40. Then use WD40 or similar now n then. Also try to keep the Key clean.
The springs inside these locks are very small, it doesn't take a lot to stop them from returning the discs into place and stop the key from turning once into position.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
rub your key with a pencil,the graphite acts a dry lubricant

rub your key with a pencil,the graphite acts a dry lubricant
Graphite is the best Lock lubricant but only if the Lock is clean and dry from any oil/grease/dirt. If you want to do this I would rub a pencil on a nail file as this is the best way to get fine Graphite from a pencil. I would not recommend graphite for Bike locks as they are mostly sealed, the more you put in the more the lock will get bunged up (eventually). Household door locks love Graphite, they can easily be stripped down and cleaned then re lubed, with bike locks its not as easy.

Phil

Last edited:
Cheers Phil... when I said 3 in 1 it was actually light machine oil..It was the first name that popped into my head lol. Jimmy Mac had some Oxford lock spray... so fired some of that in...so far so good..
Locks are nice n free.

stuarts phone

Back