K46 Various warning lights - Warning, ABS, DDC warning + no speed indication

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I have a 2018 Gen 3 K46, just out of the blue whilst riding, I experienced the following error's on my instrument cluster

Various warning lights - Warning, ABS, DDC warning + no speed indication

Starts and rides fine. In fact it's only when I start riding, after a while the speedo stops showing the speed and is replaced with - - - with the rest of the error lights.

Any ideas?

Appreciate any assistance in advance.

Thanks,
Sunny

Most issues are either a loose battery or dying battery. I'd test the battery and the voltages when off and idle.

Last edited:
The speedo going blank like that is over voltage protection..... if you read the fault codes I'd put money on there being a code thrown for over voltage..... sign that the reg/rec is getting tired and on the way out.... have had the same thing myself recently..... if it happens mid ride, cycling the mode to a new mode seems to reset the speedo and should give you back your speed reading... keep an eye on the reg/rec from here on if I was you... touch wood mine hasn't done in it about 5 or 6 hundred k since it last did it

mine had a problem with the loom chaffing between airbox and frame, think it must have been the earth as didn't blow a fuse. but the clocks eventually stopped working at all after flickering (lights didn't work either)

Latest posts

Back