Just signed up - New (to me) 2015 RR Sport incoming

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andy tims

Reaction score
So the BMW S1000r is going

AT1_6999_zps72295cfc.jpg

To be replaced by a 2015 S1000rr

IMG_0275_zpslpvh9sbc.jpg

IMG_0278_zpsaj4upq95.jpg

Saturday morning, I test rode a Ducati Panigale 959. A truly beautiful bike and a powerful reminder of why sports bikes are so brilliant. Speed through the corners way higher than the BMW S1000r, but it just wasn't powerful enough. The 959 was so perfect / user friendly, I actually think I'd soon get bored with it. The S1000rr is just as easy to ride at the same speed as the Ducati, but the rr has soooo much more performance on offer, although it's much more of a challenge to make use of it.

Due to holiday's and other commitments, I don't actually make the swap until 17th September.

Can't wait.

The r has been superb, but the rr is something really special.

Looking forward to contributing to the forum - no doubt I'll have some silly questions, but I will try the search function first.

Hi Andy,

Welcome along - I see you tried to post on the 14th. The system doesn't allow pictures until your account is ok'd so that post didn't work - sorry we didn't spot that - I was away from home.

How does the R compare to the RR I've always wanted to try an R having come from a CB1R background.

Hi mate, welcome to the forum!

I too had an S1000R and previous, a Ducati 899. All beautiful bikes but the RR is just another league. I prefer it both on road and on track.

Enjoy both the bike and the forum!

Asif

How does the R compare to the RR I've always wanted to try an R having come from a CB1R background.

Hi - The R is a great bike. More bottom end but it just doesn't corner like a sports / superbike. It's not brilliantly stable and so you need to be quite committed to keep it pinned at speeds the R is nice and stable at. Wind blast even with the larger screen is an issue as you'd expect. Goo overtaking tool though, given both the grunt & good visibility gained from the riding position.

Try one.

Welcome Andy - Neil (from TZ) - Had the "clean" Tuono that popped over to your place a few years back :)

Welcome!
Very envious as I am without my 2013 rr. Am sure you'll love it as much as I enjoyed mine over the 5 weeks I had it.
All the best
Bellhands.

Latest posts

Back