Just fitted a full Akro system.

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joeman

Reaction score
Guys, i just fitted a full stainless Akrapovic Evo system to my 2013 bike.
Ive not fitted a power commander yet, i wanted to see how it behaved first before splashing the cash on a PCV as other posts suggest the stock ECU will deal with the exhaust swap.

What i've noticed is that its a bit lumpy below 4k rpm, and i seem to be down on midrange power, so im finding myself riding about in one gear lower to keep the revs up. Also, it sounds like a V4! is this normal?

I have the stock O2 sensors connected still, but as i said, no power commander yet.
Anyone else fitted a full system with no PCV? does what ive said above sound familiar?

So, will the power commander smooth the lumpiness and restore my midrange? the bike used to lift the front wheel all the time, but now it doesnt and that makes me sad :(

Rather than a PCV it may make more sense to visit Track Electronics (Norfolk) or Hilltop Motorcycles (Mallory Park) etc etc...places like them can remap the existing ECU and get the ignition and AFR tables straightened out for your setup/needs.

Hi gents

a quick question please. About to buy my first RR 2015 having had a blade with a power commander. The bike Im buying has a akro end can (i appreciate this doesn't mean i need a remap) but having done one on my blade how do I approach the beemer? Do I buy a PC or can I get the existing ECU remapped or 'flashed' as a number of posts suggest?

TA

A lot of guys get there ecu remapped,but personally I find that a bit permanant
i have a pcv on mine and had to get a custom map ,to be honest I think it's amazing
but it's a personal preference
good luck with what ever u do

Back