Jock in France

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moogerdoo

Reaction score
Hello all I took my 03 Aprilia RSV Mille R to France and sold it to buy new R1200GS LC in 2014 and it bored me to death and nearly bought a schuberth, what was I thinking ????
Traded in for 2017 S1000RR and feel normal again.

Thanks Guys, no disrespect meant, thought I might get a response from GS owner :cocksure:

Welcome in Jock.. where you from originally..lots of Jocks on here.

Whats the score with that 100 BHP limit thing in France ? .. surely your thous not been restricted.

Stuart (Dumbarton).

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

The law changed January 2016 and 100bhp limit abolished, I had to take the GS to Germany for re-flash in 2014.
I am from Inverness, moved to France 2007, ran the Aprilia for a few years with British insurance but it was dodgy as the MIlle R was 130BHP I think.
MDO

Angouleme.
I ride around Cognac, Royan area.
LeMans ,Val de Vienne, Imola, Misano and Aragon.

Got a favourite route/road in your region? Or ideas for anyone riding through that part of France?

Barbezuex to Royan 80km - Barbezieux D700,731,732,730 No Cameras.
Or Barbezieux - Perigueux, no cameras until Perigueux.

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new RR!

What colour/spec is your RR?

Enjoy the forum and may you have many more happy miles ahead of you [emoji4]

Oli

Thanks Oli,
Colour grey /black 2017 RR, I did not take the slick/cruise option.
I had the cruise control on GSLC and did not like it.
Dave,

Thanks Phil,
It was raining steadily for the last 2-3 weeks its now cold 13deg and windy.
I will hopefully get out middle Feb.
Is it nice in UK ?

Hello all I took my 03 Aprilia RSV Mille R to France and sold it to buy new R1200GS LC in 2014 and it bored me to death and nearly bought a schuberth, what was I thinking ????
Traded in for 2017 S1000RR and feel normal again.

Welcome to the forum, moog.
LoL on Schuberth and beard, I?ve got both (and a massive tash). I got told off by a kid in Get Geared recently for wearing a Schuberth on an RR ?...it?s just not right...☹️? he said. Bless. H
ps. Gets interesting above 10K revs, huh?

Misspelt by my iPhone

I posted about my new RR without cruise and slick mode, I expected a bit of flak/ slander but nothing, do you think everyone agrees with me that cruise control on a bike is dangerous ???

I posted about my new RR without cruise and slick mode, I expected a bit of flak/ slander but nothing, do you think everyone agrees with me that cruise control on a bike is dangerous ???

Nope, completely disagree, but I didn't feel a difference of opinion needed to be aired :) But now you've asked...
I find it great, I use it for average speed scamera zones, cruising on the motorway etc, even in town if I've wanted to rest a wrist for a moment. I can appreciate there are 'dangers' with using it but you'll have to take my word that I think I use it responsibly.
Also, CC is good for resale too, buyers always look for the most bang for their buck and the option packs don't add a great deal at the point of purchase but can mean the difference between a sale or no sale.

You have slick mode still, if you fit the chip. It's not like it can't be added - USER mode is the one you're possibly missing out on without the chip in. I use mine in Sport on the road most of the time.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back