Jerez 2020 Tracksense

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmwbadboy

Reaction score
First time on Gen4. Will see how it is.

Scott Redding is here, giving tuitions. Might as well do that

IMG_20200116_111603.jpg

IMG_20200116_112130.jpg

Anyone here?

Last edited:
First impressions:

It's very light and hence gets upset after every wrong movement on the bike.
It's powerful, I wouldn't say power delivery is linear, there is defo a kick after 8-9k rpms.
It wants to wheelie a lot, I guess I have to wait for RS2E guys to release race maps.

I'm still on eom suspension without 2d sensor, so suspension is so so. There is a lot of head shake on straights.

Did HM change the sprockets at all? Swingarm length?
Swing arm is 602 or 605 from what I recall. I'm running 16/46 gearing, so yes, it naturally wants to wheelie front this gearing.

I'm just comparing to Gen3, it's much more stable bike, especially when you come out of a slow left hairpin on a start/finish straight.

I'm still learning tho, might be just lack of the feel for the bike

OEM brakes on Gen4 are good. It's not hot here, so not much fading, but they do stop well.

Nice !!! You got your bike up and ready pretty quick.
I'm leaving my gearing standard at least til I've ridden it at a track and then go from there.
So have played with the wheelie control at all ?

Nice !!! You got your bike up and ready pretty quick.
I'm leaving my gearing standard at least til I've ridden it at a track and then go from there.
So have played with the wheelie control at all ?
Haven't tried it, it's off. I do it old school way, by leaning the bike when on gas

Finished the day at 1:57, not bad for a new bike and OEM suspension.

Getting there, getting used to it.

Great time! Getting there.

How are Tracksense as an organiser

- Alex

Excellent! Close drop-off to London, very personal service (Tony strapped my bike himself). Schedule printed out and posted in every garage upfront, tea/coffee, 13gbp tire change. Stillages.

I asked him to do more events, as money wise, I would rather support him than FE/NL.

Only heard good things about Tracksense but not managed to get on one of their events yet. 1:57 is a cracking time, hopefully get some tips off you for next month lol

Forgot to mention,

OEM quickshifter is very average. Sometimes it just doesn't shift down or requires a lot of force. I got spoiled by Alpha one that worked like a clock. Probably will be getting one for Gen4 as well.

Re: downshifts. Could the throttle closure not be mapped right?
You've changed it and reset the adaptions after all?

- Alex

Last edited:
Re: downshifts. Could the throttle closure not be mapped right?
You've changed it and reset the adaptions after all?

- Alex
Yep, Robert was kind enough to calibrate it before he sent it back.

Don't get me wrong, QS works on downshifts, just not as reliable as Alpha by the feel. Had one moment where it would delay shifting down on back straight into right hairpin.

Back