I've bought an RR

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RRDan

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I'm Dan from North Wales and I'm now the owner of a 2016 RR in racing red and white. I've only had the bike a week so still getting familiar with the extra power. Traded in a GSXR 1000 which was a good road bike but the RR is on a different scale. I class myself as a smooth but quickish road rider but no wheelie or knee down god. Been riding for 20 years and still love getting out. Looking forward to chatting with you all.

Hi there,great choice of colour[emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks RRoss, absolutely love the bike already for its performance and colour scheme 😀.

Hi Dan, welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new bike :). Stayed just outside Bala last October with a couple of day trips on the bike, far from you?

Hi Dan, welcome to the site. Sound like a sensible rider, is Wales not being hammered by speed cameras?
Like Soofsayer been in the Bala area during my RAF days and swam across Llyn Tegid a couple of times against the Navy and Army.

You live in a beautiful part of the world. Lucky Boyo, lol.

JimmyMac

Hi mate welcome aboard. I was going to go to Wales to buy and Audi till I realised how far away it was...Swansea Audi I think...lol

Thanks for all your replies. I live about 40 mins from Bala, not from from Llangollen and the Horseshoe Pass. Good roads round here but I pick my time and place if you know what I mean 😉.

Hi Dan,

Great choice of bike and hopefully catch up sometime in North Wales.

I was out yesterday morning first thing, a bit cold but hey, first outing of the year and got straight back into it. It was great! Had a breakfast at this place, do you recognize it? Great place and they even gave me a hot water bottle to warm my hands up.

Then onto the Ponderosa for another stop before home.

Welcome Dan, hope you enjoy the forum and get many happy miles on the new steed this year.

Hi Billo01,
No don't recognise the place you stopped, can't read the sign in the photo. I went out Saturday and Sunday morning at the weekend and managed just under 200 miles :encouragement:.

Hi Dan

Its the caf? at Cerrigydrudion right on the A5 between Betws-y-coed and Llangollen. I normally go to Anglesey circuit as it was race weekend just gone but decided to have a ride round instead, using the time to get bike fit before a Spain tour in the summer.

Hi Billo01,
Yeah I know the cafe. It's not far from the Rhug Estate farm shop in Corwen. That's worth a stop off as they do bison burgers. Bit expensive
but something different than a Maccy d .

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back