It's been an epic year with the S1000

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marzy

Reaction score
Loved every minute with the BMW to be honest, far exceeded my expectations and looking forward to 2016. Epic moment has to be lapping the Almeria race track in Sept.

Brilliant Marzy, just what I need to look at on a cold dark December day!
Get saving and get booking time off work Loupe. I'm looking mid Sept to do it all again mate. Same to everyone else, join us for some Spanish summer fun.

Problem with foreign trackdays I just cant be arsed with the hassle of getting my bike to a pickup point (I think nearest for me is manchester) and then collecting afterwards. I'd have to hire a van for both trips plus take the time which would be a day each trip. If I could do a deal whereby I could ride over to the track and spank it for 3 days then fook off again I'd be a happy camper. I dont mind the continental mileage and making a holiday of it.

European Trackdays

European trackdays are well worth the extra effort. You don't always have to use the transport service offered by many of the UK based trackday companies. No Limits offer trackdays at both Brno and Spa which you only pay for your time on track and getting to and from the circuit is your responsibility.

Not that i'm a fan of FE, they also offer track only time, but for me the experience of riding a Spanish track with Spanish Sun is worth 50 English track days. I can't wait to experience it all again and I've been going there for 9 years.....

Get saving and get booking time off work Loupe. I'm looking mid Sept to do it all again mate. Same to everyone else, join us for some Spanish summer fun.

I've got my Vegas Harley trip in March so doubt I'll fit in a foreign track day too.
Was going to stay at the MGM but managed to book a suite in Trump Towers with breakfast for ?71/night.
Sometimes you just have to slum it!

Re: European Trackdays

You don't always have to use the transport service offered by many of the UK based trackday companies. No Limits offer trackdays at both Brno and Spa which you only pay for your time on track and getting to and from the circuit is your responsibility.

Interesting. I will get in touch with NL as I thought it was package or nothing.

European Trackdays

The package deals do work out cheaper particularly if you are visiting any of the Spanish, Portuguese or Italian circuits. Le Mans, Spa and Assen are all easy to drive to but Brno takes much longer. All great circuits to ride but you are just not guaranteed the weather like in the fantastic pictures at the start of the thread.

The package deals do work out cheaper particularly if you are visiting any of the Spanish, Portuguese or Italian circuits. Le Mans, Spa and Assen are all easy to drive to but Brno takes much longer. All great circuits to ride but you are just not guaranteed the weather like in the fantastic pictures at the start of the thread.
Agreed, but I've been to Almeria 10 times in as many years and not missed a single lap due to the weather. In fact every single lap has been in the dry. Circuito de Almeria in southern Spain is one of the driest part of Europe. You won't beat that record in this country by a mile...

Interesting. I will get in touch with NL as I thought it was package or nothing.

I think you'll find No Limits will do track only,certainly track plus accommodation as their numbers are usually dictated by transport-not necessarily circuit limits.
With all the superb roads and sunshine in Spain,taking your road bike would be fantastic-if you had the energy left to enjoy it!

Agreed, but I've been to Almeria 10 times in as many years and not missed a single lap due to the weather. In fact every single lap has been in the dry. Circuito de Almeria in southern Spain is one of the driest part of Europe. You won't beat that record in this country by a mile...

Had extreme fog one morning,at Almeria,last month-we didn't start 'til 11.30!!! Absolutely disgusting!

Had extreme fog one morning,at Almeria,last month-we didn't start 'til 11.30!!! Absolutely disgusting!
Sept is the time to go. All the beach bars in Mojacar are open and the summer heat is on its way out, but having said that last year was 34c on track.

Been out on the bike for 3 day's in a row this week which is completely bonkers for me, but I did get caught in a shower yesterday. I'm still trying to get my head around just how good this bike is, I mean I feel like i'm cheating some how. Bring on 2016 with some Cornwall trips down to my family and the new Circuito de Aldalucia on the S1000.
Happy new years folks!!

Great that you've managed a few runs on the bike, no such luck up here with all the salt.

Happy New Year to everyone on the forum!

Latest posts

Back