Is this the beginning??

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Malky

Reaction score
Bought S1000 last November and it has 2040 on clock. Hadn't been out for about week and a half so wife at work today and decided to go for a blat. Fired it up and for the first time ever it didn't start on first push. Second push and it was away. Helmet/gloves on and about 100yards down the road, engine cuts out. Fired it up again, got another 10 yards and again engine cuts out. After a bit of puffing and wheezing got it back home. Tried another couple of times to start it and it would turn over and not start or start and cut out after 10 seconds. Result, bike just picked up by recovery and getting taken to dealer in Dundee. We will see what Monday brings. NOT A HAPPY BUNNY !!!!!

Hopefully, but doesn't fill me with a lot of confidence in the bike if it suddenly cuts out and could have happened during an overtake or outside lane on motorway. Anyway, I'm being optimistic and I'm sure BMW will have it back good as new tomorrow.....Or am I being over optimistic !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just had call from dealer and they say they have identified the issue!! His words were ' the fuel pump power supply connector has been disconnected' not ' has become disconnected'. He then quizzed me about having taken the tank off recently and disconnected it because it shouldn't disconnect itself. I told him I haven't had the tank off or touched anything under the bodywork since I bought it. He sounded a bit sceptical at that. Does anyone on here know how this could have happened or is it possible it could disconnect itself?

It'll be a locking connector, but it's possible (unlikely, but possible) that it didn't click home when they assembled in the factory and it's taken this long to work loose (bet there's a rubber boot inside it too). I would have been skeptical about this being possible as well, had I not had the experience of what they let out of the factory myself...

Cheers Shug, It sounded a bit bollocks to me as things like these don't generally just fall apart. But they said thats what was wrong and the bikes fine. It's funny but I hadn't had a call by late morning so decided to pop in to find out what was happening. Just as I turned into the dealers road I saw someone riding my bike out who I assumed was a mechanic. When I spoke to the guy in the service department, he said it was still in the workshop waiting to get looked at. When I pointed out I had just seen it being ridden a few minutes ago, he made a quick call and said a 'technician' (mechanic I assume) was working on the bike and they would phone me. I returned home and about an hour later got a call from the dealer outlining the problem as I've listed, but that no one had had a chance to ride it to confirm it was ok. Again when I told him I had seen the bike being ridden more than an hour ago, there was a deathly silence and the phone went dead and a few minutes later I was told their computer was slow at updating today !!!!! Distinct aroma of bullshit me thinks

they also charge you for the test ride , £12 I think my last one was!!!!!!
Should have given me money to ride my baby.....cheeky bastards

I had that sort of prob on mine and it was to do with side stand

Latest posts

Back