Is the Alarm unit compatible between Gen 1/2 and Gen 3?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neilma

Reaction score
Hi chaps

I removed the (BMW) Alarm from my Gen2 before I traded it in and went to install it in my Gen 3 (which was specced without the alarm).

1. The alarm fits physically
2. The plug fits and is clipped in.
3. Nothing happens :)

I have been through the menu and cannot find the option to turn DWA on - Does this need to be enable by the dealer? If so, will the alarm then work?

A couple of times yesterday I managed to get the alarm to arm (and go off when I moved it) but it wasnt consistent.

Should it work or should I just sell it on to someone with a Gen1/2 who wants the alarm?

N

Ok following on from this - Took it to the dealer yesterday - They spent about 45 min playing with it (i could hear the alarm going off behind closed doors :) - Suffice to say, they arent compatible. According to the mechanic, they tried everything but the bike wouldnt allow it to be programmed in. The only thing the software said to do was to put the alarm for the Gen 3 in.

So there were have it - they arent compatible.

So I have a nice condition Gen 2 alarm, with both fobs, and instruction book (and the cage use use to fit into the bike) for sale - ?100?
Anyone have the alarm out of the Gen 3 they dont want or arent using any more?

Cheers

I tried this too and then managed to get a gen 3 alarm.

Out of interest how much would you pay for it? I'm considering going for an aftermarket alarm but idk yet, I may keep it..

It's worth noting BMW recommends you replace the light weight battery for a standard one if you fit the alarm.

Hi all, i have a gen2 and my mate has a datatool s4 alarm....do you know if this can be fitted by him or does it have to be fitted by dealer everytime??

Hi all, i have a gen2 and my mate has a datatool s4 alarm....do you know if this can be fitted by him or does it have to be fitted by dealer everytime??

Anyone can fit one if they know what they're doing, it's really simple, however I believe it's only thatcham approved if it's installed by a professional.

Latest posts

Back