Hp4 mileage. To sell or not

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gray5208

Reaction score
Had my hp since new, just over 3 years now, it's been faultless, I love it.
question..it's just done 15000 mile, do I sell now, been offered from dealers ?13000 to ?14000, or do I keep it and just keep going, I know the 18000 service is a expensive one, but what am I looking at in the future, are these things built to last .
thanks guys for your feedback.

Personally, I would keep the HP4 until the all-new 2019 model year RR is launched.

Re built to last, my 15 RR is approaching 40 K miles and still feels sweet in every respect.
There are inevitably consumable items which will need replacing with high mileage, but that wouldn't discourage me from keeping the HP4 till 2019, particularly at 15 K miles

Oli

The service is about ?700. You'll lose many multiples of that if you trade in and change bikes the minute you ride off on your new bike so I wouldn't look at the service cost being a reason to change (I know others have done this but frankly they are mad). It's like one of my neighbours who changed cars to save ?300 on road tax each year lol.

Well maintained machines are good for many miles. I haven't heard of any expiring due to old age or high mileage. Sure there will be things that need replacing through wear and tear but that's the case with anything. HP4s are irreplaceable so once it's gone it's gone. If you love it why sell it?

If you love it keep it, if you're bored with it sell it, I'll be up to 3 years ownership on my gen 3 in Feb, the longest I've owned a bike in over 30 years of riding (gulp), I keep looking at other bikes but when push comes to shove there's nothing currently out there that I'd swap it for so looks like my love in is set to continue for a while!

Latest posts

Back