Hp4 luggage system

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gappo Mancini

Reaction score
Hi guys, this question may have been put up in previous posts but here goes it anyway...

What do ye use as luggage/tailpacks/tank bags on the bike? I have a 2013 hp4 with cowl unit and no pillion seat. I've travelled far and wide on my blade but this year is my first time heading away with the hp4 and I'm not sure where else I'm gonna carry gear apart from my Kriega back pack?! I travel light anyway but I was hoping to get a tank bag (10 or 15 litre is plenty) for the hp4 but as I've discovered there is no way of connecting it to tank via petrol cap integrated systems that are out there.

What do ye guys use, if anything? I'm not looking to take the whole filler cap apart to do this, simple fixing would be be ideal?

Many thanks!

The HP4 has the same tank as the RR. So every SW-Motech Tank Ring which fits the RR, fits the HP4. But what I have found is that only the smaller SW-Motech Day Packs etc fit comfortably, due to how far back the tank opening is towards the rider. The tank ring is a simple fit.

Otherwise the best tank bags are the OEM unit, with bracket and the Wunderlich.

Last edited:
232730d3574a368d939c27742621a1b0.jpg

This is my petrol cap so not sure how compatible this is with the motech ring attachment feature they use??

Sorry Alex I should clarify; does the the whole of the cap/filler need to come out? I thought the ring attachment with motech simply attached to the tank via Allen bolts?

The ring is replaced the cap is moved to the new ring. The new ring has the attachments for the collar. Givi and SW-Motech both do versions.

The ring is replaced the cap is moved to the new ring. The new ring has the attachments for the collar. Givi and SW-Motech both do versions.
OK, I thought you just attached the motech attachment on top of the petrol cap ring without having to take bits apart. I'll suss it out anyway as the local bike shop here now have motech luggage systems.

Thanks for the help Alex.

OK, I thought you just attached the motech attachment on top of the petrol cap ring without having to take bits apart. I'll suss it out anyway as the local bike shop here now have motech luggage systems.

Thanks for the help Alex.

You're welcome

Latest posts

Back