How Often for Oil Changes?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whats your point? K&N are not superior anyway so why would you expect folk to go for the products of a firm that has had issues and not the others, which haven't?

Use what you like, OEM, Mahle, Hi-Flo, K&N etc. Do your own research and decide, no one is forcing you, and likewise its not wrong for folk to choose to do things differently to yourself.

- Alex
I'm just doing my research hence all the questions!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

If you read the spec sheets for all the different Motul oils, you'll see that they make no recommendation as to change intervals for the 300V. That's because it's meant for track bikes, and should be changed every 500 km or so. If you go longer you'll notice that the engine starts to get noisy. A better choice for street that WILL go 5000 km is the 5100 (as previously mentioned) or full synth 7100. Just my opinion on the very dangerous subject, you may do whatever you wish, including the use of K&N filters. Just don't ride in front of me.

If you read the spec sheets for all the different Motul oils, you'll see that they make no recommendation as to change intervals for the 300V. That's because it's meant for track bikes, and should be changed every 500 km or so. If you go longer you'll notice that the engine starts to get noisy. A better choice for street that WILL go 5000 km is the 5100 (as previously mentioned) or full synth 7100. Just my opinion on the very dangerous subject, you may do whatever you wish, including the use of K&N filters. Just don't ride in front of me.

Interesting point.
I'm planning a trackday a month this year, with road riding in between, so would the 300V be overkill for my needs?

Oil

I only ride on track so I use Motul 300V which I regularly change. If I rode on the road I probably wouldn?t be using it. It?s really up to you what you choose to use.

Back