How do I set up steering damper

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MCT set mine as 2 clicks from softest so if you fully close it (right/clockwise i think) turn it back 8.
They aren?t there to stop the bars moving its there to help reduce tank slapping movement.

- Sent from Mobile

Last edited:
Once your suspension is working correctly in theory you shouldn't need one, personal I run my ohlinhs at 10 clicks out of 20.

I set mine up by putting it to the recommended 9 out of 20 got a few wobbles when the front wheel comes down accelerating so knocked it up one click.

All trial and error I find.

+1 on all of the above.

Less is best as the greater the support from the damper, the slower the steering.
A decent base setting for your suspension is also an important prerequisite.
Ultimately it is just trial and error until you find a setting which suits you best :)

OEM Steering Damper

For the 2015+ model see p.67 of the Owner's Manual. For Road Use its 8 clicks from fully closed and for Track Use its 5 clicks from fully closed. Ultimately you will want to experiment with the adjuster to see what works best for you and gives you the most confidence.

I found if it was set to any stiffer than 2 clicks it was too much for the road

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back