Hi!

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amadeus

Reaction score
Hi,

I really fancy the power of a 1000; loving the looks and abilities of the S1000rr tho I know it's more than I'll ever be able to tame! :)

rgds

Hi Amadeus. Welcome to the forum. It'll go as fast as your right wrist wants it to, IMO they are easy bikes to ride. :)

Yes, I'm very conscious that I'm ultimately responsible - you'll never hear me complain that the bike was doing something different to what I told it to do. I'm sure it'll take a little getting used to; I expect a lot of new owners keep it in RAIN mode whilst they're getting used to it - it's not as if that is going to turn it into a brick.

Looking to get a new bike probably towards end of Q1 2017. Hoping 2017 is a good year weather-wise. :)

I thought the same coming from a tame gsr750. Was set on a 600 but then thought f?ck it. Started riding it home in rain mode then pulled over after half an hour and unleashed race mode, biggest smile ever!! hardly ever use any other mode now. For my first sports bike it just felt right when riding it. I'd never even test rode a sports bike before never mind a 186mph beast.
You wont regret getting 1

Yes, I'm very conscious that I'm ultimately responsible - you'll never hear me complain that the bike was doing something different to what I told it to do. I'm sure it'll take a little getting used to; I expect a lot of new owners keep it in RAIN mode whilst they're getting used to it - it's not as if that is going to turn it into a brick.

Looking to get a new bike probably towards end of Q1 2017. Hoping 2017 is a good year weather-wise. :)

Welcome mate, how long have you been riding?

Thanks!

Well, I got a DT125 when I was about 17 (30 years ago); I got rid of that a couple of years later and got a SV650 when I was about 35. Currently have a CBR650f which I find great fun but once you've had a go on a litre bike (friends have 'blades), a 650 seems a little tame.
I've not heard anyone accuse the S1000rr of being tame so that's one thing I don't need to worry about... :)

Rgds

I thought the same coming from a tame gsr750. Was set on a 600 but then thought f?ck it. Started riding it home in rain mode then pulled over after half an hour and unleashed race mode, biggest smile ever!! hardly ever use any other mode now. For my first sports bike it just felt right when riding it. I'd never even test rode a sports bike before never mind a 186mph beast.

My younger life was defined by one "f*ck it" moment to the next so I know where you're coming from. That said, I'm no squid - I'd say I'm aware of the limitations of my ability on a bike. That smile when you get on a bike and it just pulls and pulls - that's what I'm really looking forward to.

rgds

I guess the 650 has about half the power but you'll be fine on the S1000, no question it's the best all round sportsbike available and yes its a very easy and forgiving bike to ride. I've never had mine in rain mode, my logic being you simply twist the throttle less if road conditions are slippery(!), I suggest you put it in sport or race, treat it with respect and get used to what it does

Last edited:
Hi Amadeus.. welcome.. I take it you had a long break from the DT to the SV..I was trying to figure that out lol... anyhow as the guys on here have told you the RR is easy to ride for sure it will only go as fast as you want.

Go for it you wont regret the power available.

Cheers Stuart

Sent from Galaxy S7

Welcome Amadeus, the RR is a fantastically modern bike with loads of safety features. If you have been fine up till now you deffo can ride it. As others rightly say it only goes as fast as you tell it, enjoy mate.

JimmyMac

Hi Amadeus.. welcome.. I take it you had a long break from the DT to the SV..I was trying to figure that out lol... anyhow as the guys on here have told you the RR is easy to ride for sure it will only go as fast as you want.

Hi Stuart,

Yes, a long break after my first DT. I was out driving with my girlfriend (now wife - she's lovely!) and passed a Yamaha dealer. I turned the car around, went back and bought a second hand DT. Kind of surprised her. Had that a few years riding on a provisional but then the law changed and I either had to get rid of it or take my test. I took the test and a few months later bought the SV.

I live near Reading so 3 (?) localish dealers - Maidenhead, Alton and Guildford, so plenty to choose from. Will look at taking action early in Q1 2017.

rgds

Hi mate. You will love it. Keep it in sport mode and you will be surprised how easy they are to ride, will pull in any gear and just build your confidence slowly before unleashing the full beans lol. What a rush!

Latest posts

Back