Hi guys

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sliky

Reaction score
Hi,

Just picked up my 2017 S100RR a few weeks ago, loving it so far!

Trying to set the user mode, pretty complex these things! :)

Hello to everyone :)

Hello and welcome to the forum. I’m sure there will be many folks able to help out with setting n’stuff ... personally its either rain, sport or race for me. I have enough to think about just hanging on. :D

Hello and welcome to the forum. I’m sure there will be many folks able to help out with setting n’stuff ... personally its either rain, sport or race for me. I have enough to think about just hanging on. :D

Tell me about it! Not sure what it would be like with the wheely control turned off! :)

Welcome to the forum Silky and congratulations on your new RR!

To setup your User Mode, simple select the mode button repeatedly until User Mode is highlighted, depress and release the clutch to select the mode.
Then, press "set" on the left hand switch gear repeatedly until you see "Setup Menu", hold set to select the setup menu.
Next, press set repeatedly until you see "setup User mode", again hold set until you enter this sub menu.
In here, you can scroll through the various User Mode sub settings and by clicking and holding "set" as you've been doing so far you can select the following settings for ABS, DDC (suspension), DTC and Engine (aka throttle). The options you have are Rain, Sport, Race and Slick. Think of rain as safe/soft and Slick as hard core, for example I have ABS in Race (as this provides ABS at the rear and has roll over protection), DTC in Slick (to allow wheelies), Engine in Slick (closest to a 1-1 throttle connection) and the DDC in Sport (softest damping characteristics, good for bumpy roads).
To exit back to your main dash display, simply scroll through the sub menu till you see "exit" and repeat until you "exit setup menu", then select "trip" to scroll through to your desired display (I have the range meter).

I use User Mode all year round and simply adjust the DTC level from the left hand switch gear to suit conditions.

There are further damping adjustments for rebound and compression, but I would suggest trying out the default base DDC modes first.

So what will you be using your RR for primarily (road, track, commuting etc)?
What colour have you gone for?
Tell us more lol :)

Enjoy the forum and your new steed and may you have many happy miles ahead of you :)

Oli

Last edited:
Perfect thanks so much Oil! Will go have a play with it now! :)

My pleasure!
Enjoy experimenting with all the options, it's well worth it to find "your" ideal setup :).

I'd also recommend going into the "Setup equipment" submenu and turning everything on, there's a live lean angle display, DTC and ABS intervention etc.
Check it all out and enjoy, if you get stuck, just ask :)

Oli

Welcome to the forum Sliky...you wont be short of answers to any questions asked.

Stuart

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Hi,

Just picked up my 2017 S100RR a few weeks ago, loving it so far!

Trying to set the user mode, pretty complex these things! :)

Hello to everyone :)
Hi Sliky, look out for Jay on the forum, there doesn't seem to be anything he can't help with. [emoji106]
Ian, County Durham

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back