Hi from Herts

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

auk gixer

Reaction score
Hi All

Quick hello. Bought my s1000rr 2017 last October from BMW Oxford and loving it.

Traded in KTM RC8r 2011 for the S1000RR, always said I would never buy a bike with all the electronics till I test rode the s1000rr!!

Bikes still pretty standard still, BMW HP rearsets, levers, LightTech tailtidy and crash protection, exhaust to follow once I decide which one to get!

Just been thru first set of tyres Bridgestone S21's after 1600 miles, changed yesterday to Michilin Power RS.

Thanks

Darren :)

Welcome to the forum Darren and congratulations on your new RR!

RC8?s are stunning looking bikes, what were some of your favourite experiences with the bike?
What sort of riding do you enjoy primarily?

It?s certainly quite a revelation when you experience a bike with all the electronic rider aids, there?s no drawback to them IMO [emoji16]

Sounds like you?ve got some nice mods already, I?m really glad to hear you?re throughly enjoying your RR!
What exhaust(s) are you considering?

Enjoy the forum, there is a wonderful community on here and loads of information.
I hope you have many happy miles ahead of you [emoji4]

Oli

Last edited:
Hey Oli

RC8r was a great bike, owned it for 3 years, amazing torque, reliability questionable!

Used the bike mainly for road riding, took it to Europe last year, 2500 miles over 5 days, amazing experience that i'm hoping to do this year on the s1000.

Been looking at just slip on for the bike, either SC Project or AR Racing... any recommendations?

New tyres now have 120 miles on then, can def recommend the Mich Power RS' !!!

Thanks

Darren

IMG_3530_zpsjpk625ey.jpg

Hey Oli

RC8r was a great bike, owned it for 3 years, amazing torque, reliability questionable!

Used the bike mainly for road riding, took it to Europe last year, 2500 miles over 5 days, amazing experience that i'm hoping to do this year on the s1000.

Been looking at just slip on for the bike, either SC Project or AR Racing... any recommendations?

New tyres now have 120 miles on then, can def recommend the Mich Power RS' !!!

Thanks

Darren

I sat on an RC8 once and was amazed at how comfy it was, bet it was superb on that Euro rally of yours! Think ~ 500 miles a day classes as a rally more than a tour [emoji6]
It?s a shame the reliability was problematic (@Huge), and that KTM no longer make a super-bike.

I?m sure your RR will excite and impress you in equal measure, and make for a great sport- touring partner!
We recently did the NC500 (the NC~700 to be precise), and the RR?s were superb, even handled single track roads in the middle of nowhere pretty well lol.

For touring you might like to check out the Hepco & Becker Sport Rack. It?s a replacement metal seat cowl which has mounting points for soft luggage or a top-box. It?s not only an extremely secure way to mount luggage, but it covers all the tail section of the bike so no damage to paint etc.

Re slip-on?s, both are good options.
I would go for whichever you like the look of the most. Are you after much of a sound increase, or purely an aesthetic upgrade?

Am glad you?re enjoying the new rubber, I?ve heard good things about the Power RS, even in the wet!

Enjoy the forum and I hope you continue to enjoy the Summer onboard your new steed [emoji16]

Oli

Hi Auk, I owned one of the original RC8's, not as fast as the R you had but a unique, compelling bike to ride. I hated the gearbox mind you, clunky as hell but I believe they improved that on the later models? I think you'll enjoy the BMW, an entirely different proposition to the KTM!

I've already done one small trip to wales, about 500 miles total, found the bike to be really comfortable. Just used Kriega luggage and rearseat. Thought its a bit funny that the rearsets only has two loops fitted and not all four but was all secure with added loop strap just placed under seat.

RC8r gearbox wasnt to bad, i fitted Powerparts KLS quickshifter that was fairly smooth. I had a KTM Superduke 990R previous to RC8 thats gearbox was awful and the gas was really on/off, pretty scary rolling off into a corner as it felt like you just slammed the brakes on... sort of fun though!!!!

Latest posts

Back