hi all new owner here advice please

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kamazoo

Reaction score
hi ive just bought bike 2013 plate pick it up saturday im after a set of rearsets and leavers whats people using any recommendations

Some people like the HP rearsets but I opted for the Austin Racing ones and I think the Attack Performance ones are really nice too. Both look great and are very adjustable.

There is a lever thread up at the moment. Some cheaper options on eBay from china some of which seem to be good quality or you have the more traditional options as well but options cost a lot more

All I will say is don't buy cheep Chinese rubish off eBay they dont last I did and wasted £ 100 on rear set I now have AP and can't fault them, cheap levers I would leave alone too .buy cheap buy twice!

Last edited:
Don't listen to this silly buy cheap/expensive talk, just buy whatever you want !

Have ordered the chinese/cheap ones on Ross's recommendations, it takes someone like him to use/abuse a product like this to realise just how much we the biker are actually ripped off price wise. When you look at the price of anything 'bike' how can you justify the cost? If money is no object, fine, but dont knock the people that pay reasonable money and refuse to be ripped off with extorsionate prices..... As the saying goes, you pays yr money.......
Only reason i'm changing is cos theres no adjustment on left lever and its difficult to get off the line without trapping yr fingers lol !

Last edited:
It's true I do abuse my bike, I'll upload some photos of it tomorrow in its current state, some of you lot would die from horror at its un-cleaniness after having some dirt track fun and sliding it around a wet field today.

This is what a 14k Sports bike should look like during the winter, Won't be washed now til maybe June/July so the filth will just continue to collect. Got to the point the ABS doesn't work on rear wheel because of mud clogging the sensor.

IMGA0654.jpg
IMGA0655.jpg
IMGA0656.jpg
IMGA0657.jpg

IMGA0658.jpg
IMGA0660.jpg
IMGA0661.jpg
IMGA0662.jpg

Also, see that that garage... it's got a big empty space in it for my S1000 but.... I park on the driveway 24/7, just out of sheer laziness of opening the garage door.

Won't be washed now til maybe June/July so the filth will just continue to collect. Got to the point the ABS doesn't work on rear wheel because of mud clogging the sensor.
Im not an obsessive cleaner but I just couldnt leave a bike that long, wish I could... your one Lazy ...lol

This is what a 14k Sports bike should look like during the winter, Won't be washed now til maybe June/July so the filth will just continue to collect. Got to the point the ABS doesn't work on rear wheel because of mud clogging the sensor.

IMGA0654.jpg
IMGA0655.jpg
IMGA0656.jpg
IMGA0657.jpg

IMGA0658.jpg
IMGA0660.jpg
IMGA0661.jpg
IMGA0662.jpg

Also, see that that garage... it's got a big empty space in it for my S1000 but.... I park on the driveway 24/7, just out of sheer laziness of opening the garage door.

my bike gets washed nearly every time i use it Phil will tell you how clean it is kept i could not sleep if my bike was this dirty :unconscious:

Why do peeps fit rearsets?

To make the bike more comfortable I run mine one setting backwards than standard just takes the bend out of my knees a little.
it all depends how tall you are wether you need them or not, some people do it to follow fashion I supose

my bike gets washed nearly every time i use it Phil will tell you how clean it is kept i could not sleep if my bike was this dirty :unconscious:

I use mine practically daily, so that would be one hell of an upkeep for me.

Im not an obsessive cleaner but I just couldnt leave a bike that long, wish I could... your one Lazy ...lol

My bike is like my wife, both have the same purpose, to be rode not pampered and polished. I've cleaned bike 3 times in the 2 years 2 months i've owned it. Once was a week after I bought it because it was still my pride and joy then.

BMW have also cleaned it twice for me in the 2 years, once after a service. I asked why and he replied "We can't let an S1000RR on the road as dirty as yours was". Second time when they wanted it in the showroom for a weekend event back in 2012 to show customers all the 2011 colours that they could find if buying second hand.

Not cleaning along with all weather use can be costly though with the S1000, I've had to have new pistons in front calipers because road grud/dirt/salt etc had damaged them, had to replace a fair few bolts here and there because of rusting, Chains don't like the "parked on driveway" routine much, costs a bit in lube (so does the wife), the switchs are most certainly not water tight and i've had to replace rubber seal/washer on dash twice now.

I like your sense of humor Ross :applause:

One of the reasons I keep mine clean is to help prevent problems like you stated above, I guess im in between you and Chorsley on the cleaning front.

Latest posts

Back