Hi 😉

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sean2kuk

Reaction score
Hi everyone I'm Sean from Halifax in west Yorkshire..
Joined as my next bike will be a s1000rr after recently selling my fireblade.....

😊

Hi Sean, welcome to the forum and congratulations on your next bike :).

Have you decided on which MY / spec?

Hi Sean, bet you can't wait for it to arrive, lucky boy.

Welcome to the site and hope you enjoy your new bike.

JimmyMac

I was a blade (2) owner for 8 years combined.. fantastic bikes.

You won't be disappointed with the RR.. welcome aboard.

Stuart

Sent from Galaxy S7

Last edited:
It will be Feb/early march I will be after one (10k budget).....just building my knowledge of them at moment.....do they all come with abs..dtc..power modes and quickshifter?
As some I see advertised on ebay or autotrader say they do and some don't mention them....

Depending on which model year you end up with will effect the spec as BMW make some stuff standard after a while when previously it was an option. The biggest difference to be aware of is the 'sport' and 'non-sport' versions. The latter have no abs or TC and should be significantly cheaper than the sport version. QS I think was always standard but it's easily identifiable by looking at the gear selector for the module. Modes wise, it's rain, sport, race and slick. They all come with all of them (the MY15/16/17 has an option which would lose the slick mode but that's not in your budget, just sayin). Slick is available with the red slick plug installed under the rider seat (have a look at an online s1000rr manual for the details). If the bike you look at hasn't got slick available then a plug is a few quid, some owners never installed the plug to enable slick for fear of death or something like that but the rest of us have survived with it plugged in lol. Heated grips have always been an option, as have been pillion seat and pegs, I can't think of much else to worry about on them.

My advice would be to buy one with full BMW service history if possible, and if it's from a BMW dealer you get a comprehensive warranty for piece of mind. If you feel inclined to, Simon at Alan Jeffries in Shipley should be able to point you in the right direction and should do you a good deal if you mention the forum (they're honour bound to look after us).

If you are looking at a bike and want to know the spec, Tim at Lind has offered to check details against registration plates, he's a vendor on here.

Also Stephen in Bradford is a good independent BMW workshop if you choose to avoid the stealers.

So hopefully that lot should be of some help?

Thank you that's very helpful....
I will be going for the gen 2 even though there isn't a huge difference but I want to get the best for my money.....went to local bike shop which had a gen 2 motorsports colour one...a gen 1 yellow and a gen 2 red and black......
I did like the red and black as when I normally see a s1000rr on road it's usually motorsports colours.....

Also I've been trying to look up the factory colour schemes. ...Ive seen 2 red and blacks recently.....one with a red tail and one with a white one.....
Last thing I would want to do is buy one that has a non factory colour paint scheme (Chinese fairing's. ..ect)

They are both BMW colour schemes. Have a look at my album on my profile and you'll see my red/black with white tail. I think the one with red tail is probably just a different manufacture years scheme.

Also just found this one on eBay:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2012-12-B...563674?hash=item3ad100575a:g:CSYAAOSwnbZYF8rL

Never seen this version colour scheme scheme before, just the version I have and this one:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-S-1000-RR-/232176485213?hash=item360ecc035d:g:Q20AAOSwux5YU-Uq

If you look at the first link and compare it to the second you will see it's the same colour scheme with a white tail. I'd suspect that this has had the tail changed for a motorsports one for some reason. Notice the blue and red stripe. Exactly as the motorsports tail? I doubt that was ever a factory scheme but I've been wrong once before I think! Lol

Also I've been trying to look up the factory colour schemes. ...Ive seen 2 red and blacks recently.....one with a red tail and one with a white one.....
Last thing I would want to do is buy one that has a non factory colour paint scheme (Chinese fairing's. ..ect)

The value of the bike can also be affected by the colour scheme, I had a grey gen2 which looked really smart (see my pic) but as it wasn't a popular colour I picked it up from the dealer network for a very good price. Similarly you can get the gen2 in a 'Rizla' blue which I think looks superb but its very rare as it wasn't popular for some reason (looked too much like a Gixxer probably!) You should be able to get something very nice for ?10k.

Oi!! They look amazeballs...but I kept the stockers ;)

- Sent from Mobile

Latest posts

Back