Hey All - Head vs Heart

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pricey81

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Just joined the forum from rainy Herts.
After a year with my SV650 i'm looking for my first proper sports bike. I've always salivated over the styling of the Duc Panigale since it's release, but my budget is only 9k and after test riding an 899 and a 2010 RR my head is saying Beemer, and I love it I think.. Just needed an aftermarket pipe in my opinion. It will be a fair weather bike but i'd like to do a good few miles some longish trips as well as a handful of track days, so the BMW is my choice.

Hope to see some of you soon once I have the bike

Love the colour scheme on your bike Jim, beautiful. I know i'm not gonna be able to leave mine alone visually once I get it (hence the slightly low budget), I can't seem to do standard....

Aye it's no every bike that can carry off fuchsia, according to some on here. Haha

Tinkering with your bike is one of the pleasures of an 11 month winter.

JimmyMac

Don't listen to him Pricey it's Cerise...lovely Cerise

haha! Well I've gotta give it to you chaps ya wouldn't get this shrubbery banter over in the Italian corner, you've swayed me boys no going back now

Hi Pricey welcome along.
I had the same dilemma when wondering what to buy but I'm glad I went with the BMW.

Welcome to the forum Pricey ! It is definitely the right choice... i have always wanted a Ducati too... and someday, just to tick of my bucket list, I may, but moving from a Fireblade to the 2016...... WOW.... is all I can say.... the grin says the rest... good luck in your search !!

Welcome mate, you'll enjoy being on here, I think the S1K will suit you perfectly, a much better all round and faster bike than the 899 even if it doesn't quite look as sexy. At ?9k you might well be able to get a gen 2 (2012-14) bike if you keep your eyes pealed.

Welcome mate
same as you went to get the panigale, sexy as hell.
spent the weekend tried
Ducati 1199, 899
Aprilia rsv4
honda sp
kwak zx10
but came back to the beemer, first one I looked at , albeit upend my budget for HP4 , love it, just does everything sooooo right

still love the Ducari 1299 tho , beautiful and as I'm getting old Fancy a Diavel

Back