Help :(

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Felix

Reaction score

I'm guessing this noise isnt normal. This is after changing cam chain tensioner.

Did it jump a tooth?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

It doesn't sound like it's jumped a tooth, I doubt it would run anywhere near as well as that..

What sort of a noise is it making, it's hard to tell from the video, idk if it's my speakers.

Did you use a genuine tensioner or an aftermarket manual one?

It doesn't sound like it's jumped a tooth, I doubt it would run anywhere near as well as that..

What sort of a noise is it making, it's hard to tell from the video, idk if it's my speakers.

Did you use a genuine tensioner or an aftermarket manual one?

2 second rattle at the start when you turn it on, Then just rattling all the time like its hitting the case

Common that the valve in-between the front header down pipes rattle giving a false impression

I'll have to check that, Is there a picture to show cause I really don't know where your on about :x

2 second rattle when I started bike

It's not uncommon to hear camchain rattle before the oil pressure builds up

Do you know what brand oil filter is on the bike, I know that Mahle(oem) filters have a non return valve that prevents oil draining back through the filter keeping the system primed.

Like I said before it's hard to hear a fault in that clip, your probably best off taking it to a local dealer or garage to get an opinion, put your mind at rest.

Latest posts

Back