HELP NEEDED led indicators

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rich1000rr

Reaction score
Hello well I've just been adding some bling and crash protection to my bike I picked up two weeks ago - I've just got a r@g tail tidy and looking to get mini indicators but have been told by my dealer that buying non Bmw led indicators will mess with the electronics on the bike and may cause problem. Not happy that they don't want to help out with advise unless I'm willing to pay £150 a pair plus £90 pounds a hour Labour charge. Any advice on this or anyone no anywhere I can take my bike to have aftermarket parts fitted. Don't no why it is but my dealer don't like fitting aftermarket parts and I'm not paying silly prices. Would think after spending thousands they would be a little more helpfull

I bought some oxford mini ones from thunder road about £56 and they go on no problems and look cool as fook and real easy to fit , you wont need a dealer to do it its easy

no mate the new indicators come with bits on them that alter the voltage to make them work tidy and to stop the bulbs blowing

It's only if you fit cheapo fleabay jobs that don't have the proper resistor packs included that you might run into issues. Decent branded stuff (like the Oxfords above) with resistors shouldn't be an issue. Also, it's one bolt and a twist out. You shouldn't need to pay anyone to fit them - certainly not £90!

I went with a Chinese made unit for my rear, tail light and led indicators in one unit and Watson Design LED flush indicators for front (last set he made for S1000), easy to fit. you really shouldn't need anyone to do this for you.

Back