hello

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amnesia

Reaction score
Hi,

New to the forum. 2017 black S1000RR, grey, fully loaded including forged wheels

Live in the colonies (on the other side of the pond)

Hi mate, welcome..it's always good to have North American ( I Presume ) input..tell us a bit more about your goodself and your ride.

Stuart

Last edited:
Well, I live in Vancouver BRITISH Columbia, And i've come from a Ducati S4RS Tricolore, & two Honda CBR 1000 rr's, and I couldn't be happier. The BMW S1000RR blows away my CBR's. I mostly ride street, and the occasional track day. Bought the bike from the salesman at the dealership with 1500 km - 2017 grey with forged wheels. Mods so far are sato sliders, GB Racing engine covers, Evotec radiator/oil cooler guard, Scotchguard pro complete paint protection, and Suspension set up. Now that all the responsible bits are done I plan to treat myself to an exhaust & clutch lever that I can actually reach. Oh ya, I'm 62.

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum. As Stuart says it?s good to have you onboard [emoji4]

Great choice on your RR, I really like the black/grey colour scheme and the HP forged wheels are a very worthwhile upgrade.
Sounds like you?ve got some great mods already, do you have any ideas what exhaust you?d like?

I?m really glad to hear you?re throughly enjoying your RR.
What sort of riding do you enjoy primarily?

Enjoy the forum, there?s a wonderful community on here and loads of information.
I hope you have many more happy miles ahead of you [emoji4]

Oli

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum. As Stuart says it’s good to have you onboard [emoji4]

Great choice on your RR, I really like the black/grey colour scheme and the HP forged wheels are a very worthwhile upgrade.
Sounds like you’ve got some great mods already, do you have any ideas what exhaust you‘d like?

I’m really glad to hear you’re throughly enjoying your RR.
What sort of riding do you enjoy primarily?

Enjoy the forum, there’s a wonderful community on here and loads of information.
I hope you have many more happy miles ahead of you [emoji4]

Oli

Well, I'm mostly a canyon carver, with the occasional day trip on the back roads and a few track days each year.

The exhaust is a bit of a dilemma. I've always left them stock, but this one's different. I need to do something as I don't particularly like the aesthetics of the stock set up, and a little sound would be nice. The Akra GP style is the obvious choice, but my only concern is if I decide to go complete system in the future I've heard the Akra is crazy loud without the cat and there's no Db killer for it which precludes any track day as they have strict noise regulations here. The other option i've considered is going straight to an Arrow Evo full system (with steel headers). This way I have a Db killer for track. I'm just not sure how loud it will be (hopefully not too obnoxious). And the complete system immediately opens the fueling can of worms!

Latest posts

Back