Hello from Wiltshire.

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Runout Rodney

Reaction score
Hello all, it seems wherever i go and other 1000rr owners are about they all mention this Forum so i thought i would pop in.

Im currently on my second 1000rr a 2013 bike bought in January in motor sport colors, showing just under 4000 miles.
The Previous one was a 2011 model in black/gray which had covered just over 7000 miles.

Following on from previous posts :The first one came with K2/k3 s and the second one with conti sport attack 2 s both really good on track and Road.

I Recently did a BMW track day with Steve Plater & Nial Mckanzie and his son Taylor, really good, learnt a lot and i did one session on the HP4 in slick mode. I recommend this day to all ability riders.

Finally there is quite a differance in the 2010/11 model and the 2012/13 model.

The only thing i would like to improve is the suspension (ive had it set up) Any body on here run ohlins or any other set up ?

Welcome aboard , yup i am running bitubo Cartridge kit front and rear shock.
MAde a huge difference for holding tighter lines at speed , and bike feels much more planted , particularly the front.
It did however affect the bikes road manners , especially if you have shite roads.
You can back it off but its still firm.
I would say it it was a worthwhile upgrade , on a 2011 bike anyway.

Cheers Bob, My mate rides a Rc8r and we can both hold a tighter line on the ktm on B roads. I am a fair size old skin so it should be ok on roads i wonder if ohlins kit might be better ?

Yeah maybe the buildbase boys told me to get bitubo as its what they use
Ohlins forks look great

Aup. I had my standard stuff re-valved to calm it down on track days which it did brilliantly but I would say its a bit harsh on the rougher roads now. If I could afford it Ohlins might do both situations better.

I've the 2011 model and replaced fork cartridges and rear shock with Ohlins. I ride B Roads where ever possible , more bends the better! The bike now holds it line far better and tips in a treat. Money well spent in my humble opinion.

I've the 2011 model and replaced fork cartridges and rear shock with Ohlins. I ride B Roads where ever possible , more bends the better! The bike now holds it line far better and tips in a treat. Money well spent in my humble opinion.
Thats the set up i was considering over the winter was that about 2k all in ?

Latest posts

Back