Hello from North Lincolnshire

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fire3500

Reaction score
Hello,

Not new to BMW as I have a 2009 R1200GS already, but mostly have been Ducati for years and years with the odd FireBlade, Fireblade and R1 thrown in for good luck. Before then it was all oil-boiler Suzukis.

Happy to say hello!

whatsapp-image-2018-05-03-at-14-36-59-jpeg.116982

And there she is!

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new HP4!

Your bike looks fantastic and I?m sure you?re going to have many happy miles ahead of you [emoji4]
An HP4 and a GS are are an excellent combination, have you had any good adventures on the latter?

Enjoy the forum, there?s a wonderful community on here and loads of information

Oli

Thanks, yep we've done a fair few miles on the GS since getting it in December 2016. We did a tour of north France down to the Camargue, and along to the French / Spanish border, TT 2017 and then a run down to Lisbon in September through west France and back up Portugal into Spain and back from Bilbao and then next week I'm going back to Bilbao before heading over to Barcelona on the way to Marseille. Oh, and TT again beginning of next month.

The GS turned me on to BMW, since then I got SWMBO a G310R and now the HP4. I enjoy the quality for sure of the BMWs, but they're also great fun to ride, even the G310R is just really good fun to be on. Got my mate onto a GS last summer too so we look a right pair mincing around on matching bikes, drinking coffee and comparing headlight protection... :encouragement:

Cheers for the welcome!

Hi there, sounds like you've been getting about a bit on the GS, what Ducatis have you been riding?

Hi there, sounds like you've been getting about a bit on the GS, what Ducatis have you been riding?

I enjoy a good mix of Ducati, from 1980 > 2015... love the 2v stuff, have a couple of 4v bikes and even one of their hipster coffee-fetching machines for sunny days. Utterly besotted. BMWs are a recent discovery, and I've fallen for them. Love the older Beemers too, R80 G/S would be a bit of a catch... mmmm.

Latest posts

Back