heat issues

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rab

Reaction score
hey guys just bought a s1000rr 2015 do any of you get heat issues my left leg is heating right up when riding the bike is this normal

is that normal mate my left leg was roasting never noticed that on any other bike

Frame

The frame on my 2015 S1000RR gets noticeably hotter than any other bike that I have previously owned. It appears to be quite normal and I personally don't find it an issue as I always wear 1pc race leathers.

When I went on a long ride I found it really uncomfortable, the heat generally coming off the bike on a hot day was a nightmare I brought a Dianese mesh jacket and pants that made things soooo much better, but left leg got ridiculously hot so i brought an extra large support bandage which is comfy and shields my leg from the extreme heat of the frame. Problems solved. 😑

Yeah mine creates a lot of heat during town riding. No biggy really. In my eyes normal for this bike.

Should have ridden a 2008 R1 in Summer ... There's nothing like the fresh smell of burning leather and right leg on a summers day

We are expecting 42c here in Spain on track over the next few day's. I'll see how hot it gets with the rad guards on

Yeah it's a hottie!:rolleyes-new: ....if it's really bothering you, buy some carbon frame covers....i've heard of a few people fitting these to fix...and they look posh too! ;)

We are expecting 42c here in Spain on track over the next few day's. I'll see how hot it gets with the rad guards on

Thats nothing Marzy, Scotland is expecting 49c this weekend................

17 on Friday, 16 on Saturday and 16 on Sunday

Enjoy the shite weather over there. LOL

JimmyMac

Aragon in a couple of weeks and i cant bloody wait. Think i have the wrong compound dunlops but im not fast enough to worry about things like that. Bring on the sun

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Aragon in a couple of weeks and i cant bloody wait. Think i have the wrong compound dunlops but im not fast enough to worry about things like that. Bring on the sun

Hey pof, i'm gonna be over there in a couple of weeks too! :) what you got planned? .....maybe catch you for a little ride out at some point? :tickled_pink:

Landing on 25th and got 3 days with nl

Landing on 25th and got 3 days with nl

Ahhh you mean Aragon track....i'm planning a road trip but might pop along to the track to have a little look?? Who have you booked it through? I wonder if there's any spare places available?? :highly_amused:

No limits is the organiser. You may get some teack time if you turn up. Plenty of spanish just turn up on the weekend. Let me know and can catch up for a beer

Back