headlights on 2016 S1000 RR

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Err I thought it was no. Both side lights, yes. But the Near Side is the full beam, switch on full beam to see both.

In my avatar pic you can just about see my Gen 2 has both lights on (I have verified with full size version of the pic). My Gen 4 defo lights up both sides (brightness same on both sides, not true of the other bikes). My 2020 R, which is the closest to Bob's Gen 3, also has life in both lights.

Last edited:
They should both come on together if you had leathers and a helmet which matched the Gen 3 colour scheme you were on..... heee heee heee - (No I'm not the fashion police - but couldn't resist it and I is an expert, speaking as one what looks like a gorilla shagging a rugby ball when I ride my Gen 3!)

As mentioned previously, for the Gen 3 both headlights do come on, but only when switched to main beam

Red white and black leathers fine, granted the helmet doesn?t match but that?s not what it?s about for me.
as many colours as possible to make you visible to the tin can brigade ??

So there are two bulbs in the high beam assembly. Theres the high beam itself and another light (whatever its called) that stays on when ignition is on, and that's what Bob's pic seems to show. This is my R and Gen 2 idling.

Attachments

• 20220403_144445.jpg
    20220403_144445.jpg
    337.6 KB · Views: 20
Back