Headlight bulb blown. No lamp warning

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh that sucks. I had similar but dropped the whole unit in there. I ended up taking the nose off and apart as I couldn't get to the bolts easily without.

There are 6 bolts that hold in each light unit in place.

I would recommend trying to remove the bits via a sticky stick put through the main H7 bulb aperture as your first choice to recover the bits.
But avoid contact with the back of the clear cover lens - it appears to have a coating that is easily ruined...as I've found out. I need to take the clear cover off now - so that's what I need to work out next.

This has jogged my memory a bit, with ref. to my 11 plate problems, when returning from Spa, (the last time the bike was O K) the dip beam failed, I swapped main beam bulb to dip on the chunnel and rode it about for a while on the roads before I put another bulb in the main beam, from then on I've had the problems. Next action for me is to get it looked at by Trackelectronics, but could there be a connection, would be a pity to have to change bikes just because one couldn't be mended!

Had led aide lights for 6 mnths and no issues. Hid main and hi are holding up well as well

Latest posts

Back