Hampshire/Surrey Meets

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bikelife

Reaction score
Hello Guys (& Any Girls)

Fingers crossed I can get this damn insurance sorted this week and thought it would be good to try and organise a meet in the near future in the above areas?

Would anyone else be keen for this?

Thanks

George

Hi George,
I was thinking this Sunday 13th Jan to ride to Ryka’s cafe since I believe that it won’t rain or be too cold 10 degrees so happy to meet up there and go for a ride if you get your insurance sorted.
Adam.

Hi Adam!
Thanks for the reponse!
Annoying I am working on the 13th 👎
Would definitely be up for it another time as I havent been around this area before!
Thanks
George

When things warm up a bit I?d be more than happy for a run down to Rykas Cafe. Never been that way, are the roads any good?

The A272 and A283 (Shoreham By-Pass) is always a good run. Lots of roads to play on. The food at Shoreham Airport is always good, whilst sitting out watching the light aircraft taking off :)
And if you want to hear your engine going up the gears, Southwick Hill Tunnel. :) :) :)

Last edited:
The A272 and A283 (Shoreham By-Pass) is always a good run. Lots of roads to play on. The food at Shoreham Airport is always good, whilst sitting out watching the light aircraft taking off :)
And if you want to hear your engine going up the gears, Southwick Hill Tunnel. :) :) :)

Sounds like a plan for a ride out when the weather warms up a touch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Day off tomorrow if anyone fancies a blat around Surrey/Brighton? Can meet around 10:30 and head off at 11am?

Ah yes... Southwick tunnel. I definitely have never behaved badly in there.

If you like aural stimulation, you gotta hang back to get a clear run of traffic, possibly even pull over and wait as it scares the bejeesus out of car drivers if one tootles through with the revs at 14K rpm ("it's an emergency stop officer, I MUST hit the red line at least twice").

Much as I love the RR, Southwick tunnel in particular is best done with a big twin, IMHO. The booming from my RC8R was incredible, not too loud but completely filled the tunnel. Amazing. I remember a guy in some random little suped-up car wound his window down as I 'went' past. Great.

On the subject of sound, I'm sure everyone recognises the sound of a street or speed triple tootling around town. Very distinctive. What lots of people don't realise (but that's changing now with Moto2) is just what a beast of a noise the triple makes at high revs. I had a speed triple which had a 3 into one stubby exhaust and made the mistake of doing Southwick tunnel without earplugs once. It was preposterously loud in the tunnel, embarrasingly so. Probably dangerously so with people actually pulling over a couple of times on me (maybe thinking their car was about to explode).

Dunno what it is about the triple engine and that noise. Possibly because three is inherently unstable? It's a beautiful thing though. 44 teeth have a couple of vids.

This video kicks off sound wise around 1m 30secs.
This one goes on a bit, but you get the idea.

Maybe it's just because it's British that I love it so much...

Yes. You can park your bike at the bottom of Regency Square, there's a good cafe in the arches down the steps on the east of the i360 called the Flour Pot. See you there.

Latest posts

Back