had mine 3 weeks now

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pof

Reaction score
Hi guys, had my 2014 for a few weeks now and put 1100 miles on it getting to grips with her. Ive done the zaust , pc5 and carbon thing already. Got to say i love this bike and is very different to my r1.
My only concern/gripe is ive hit a few false neutrals with the qs. 1 was coming down fron 6th to 5th , 2 going up from 5th to 6th (not plesant) and 2 fron 1st to 2nd. Anything i can do to stop this happening and should i be concerned?

It needs you to be a bit brutal with it at times. Where my Honda box never missed (even without a QS!) I find the BMW needs really positive movements. 1st to 2nd I've done a fair bit on track, my advice is to not use 1st when rolling. I expect changing to a HM GP+ QS might fix it though.

It is frustrating as when you want N you can't find it for love nor money :-/

I thought it was just me being clubbed foot trying to find neutral lol. I know on the r1 the pc3 allowed be to change the m/s timing.
There was someone on fb selling something that he said removed the chance of fasle neutrals , indent springs? I think

There was someone on fb selling something that he said removed the chance of fasle neutrals , indent springs? I think
yeah i saw that ebay add too.....anyone know if it's a worthwhile ugrade? I was getting quite a few false neutrals when i first bought my bike but i'm 5k miles in now and havent had one for 2k....i think they were mostly being caused by my lazy (light footed) inputs?? As Alex says, just be a bit brutal with it... seems to do the trick ;)

I know a few of the falses were my fault , half hearted changes. The ones from 5th to 6th were scarey though. Im pretty sure he called them indent springs but i wouldnt put my morgage on it lol

Back