Gravel Rash Gav Saying Hi

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gav8369

Reaction score
Hi everyone, good to meet you all. My name is Gavin and as the tittle may suggest I have a nickname, which I'll come too.

Had a few bikes in the past, ZX7R, ZX9R, a couple of ZX10R's and a BMW GS1200 which was a fantastic road bike it has to be said.

I now have a 2011 RR which I bought brand new and totally love to bits. However she's only ever done the running in mileage on the road which I did in less than 24 hours and hated every mile of it and then it's spent the rest of it's time on the track.

I traded in the GS for the RR as I'd had enough of riding on the road, in my opinion I just found it too dangerous due to the usual issues, i.e road surfaces, traffic, other driver's lack of attention etc etc and of course my own over exuberance with the throttle. By this point I'd stopped using sports bikes on the road (had them just for the track) and I was using the GS for the road but the same problems were still there.

I need my licence for my job and after seeing a series of issues on the road and basically being bored of riding on the road I bought the RR and got rid of the GS and I've never looked back.

Absolutely love the track, been an Instructor with No limits now for a couple of years and that is fantastic! You get to meet some great people and it's just bloody good fun, most of the time :) It can be also hard work but I genuinely enjoy taking customers out and helping them and to be honest I prefer taking either the novices or intermediates out, just personal preference, I think it's because it gives me my play time in the fast group then :D

There's nothing more rewarding than when a customer comes back to thankyou you at the end of the day grinning from ear to ear after making improvements on advice you've offered and if you help someone to get their knee down (if that's what they want) then as an instructor you're onto a right winner there straight away with the customer!

The nickname Gravel Rash Gav, which is also on the back of my No Limits leathers was in the past earned with sweat, pain, blood, tears and of course money. Prior to joining No Limits I went through a stage of basically launching myself into just about every gravel trap there is, can't make an omelette without breaking a few eggs I used to say, I made lots of omelettes.

This one was at Cadwell on my ZX10R it hurt, both the bike and me. I got it fixed though, there's nothing I can't do with a bit of Halfords fibre glass resin, loads of practice.

zx10r.jpg

So as this is a RR forum here is a couple of shots of me on mine.

bmw1-1.jpg

Rockywhelie.jpg

Welcome to the forum fella, bike looks great in the pictures! :)

Welcome Gav

Nice to have another Derby lad.
Done a few trackdays with you in attendance (bloody good rider) Rob Mawby speaks highly of you

Hi mate

That name rings a bell was you going to race with
us at the hottrax with derik Redmond racing a few seasons
back any way welcome

Gordo

Welcome to the site.

Looks like a few instructors are joining this site now. Im also a trackday instructor for Easytrack. Your right in what your saying about a sense of achievement when taking people out. No better feeling than someone saying thanks for getting them going a little quicker and helping with confidence.

Also, is your S1000 a Chalkie Decals bike ?

;)

welcome aboard , enjoy the bike...
be warned though its just as shit in the gravel as the others ;)

Latest posts

Back