Going for 200whp

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marcus81

Reaction score
Trying for 200whp

Currently have 191 with full arrow system, rapid bike race module and filter

Head is just going back on having had ports tidied, valve cut head gasket tweaked and cams to be dialled in. Do you think we'll make it?

Lol, I spoke to him but he did not inspire enough confidence for me

I started at 185 stock, put a system and rapid bike on it and it went to 190, wasn't happy with the fuelling so took it to some one else, sure enough the fuelling was miles out, he dyno'd it at 186 and we got it back to 191 so I don't think his dyno is too generous.

Be interested to run it on some known "generous" dynos afterwards just for a laugh

Be careful, have a look on youtube as there are some very interesting vids. One guy pitches up on an S1K with full system and filter mods, it made basically stock power, the guy switched out the mods for the OEM kit and it made 5bhp more! I will have a look and see if I can find the link.

Interesting video, would have been more interesting if they had taken the baffle out for the first run, didn't look very high flow! I know other people who swear by race oils, rock oil is a well known one, not sure I'd want to run less than 0w long term, engine bearings and crank shafts are expensive things to replace

Topped out at 201whp, pulls like a train through all the gears, smooth throttle whilst still very responsive but mostly f**king quick

Dare I ask, how much did the head work set you back mate?

Scarily I don't know yet. I haven't had the bill, it only started as a valve service.

Had the price now, more than happy with it but did get mates rates, if anybody else wanted a price they'd best phone Dave Wood and ask him

Here's a pic of the dyno sheet

null_zpsad875086.jpg

Back