Gloves for Cololer months - BMW?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlanK

Reaction score
I currently use a pair of Alpine Star 365s which have served me well but are driving me nuts with the inner linning pulling out all the time despite the Xtrafit technolgy BS.

Thinking about another pair as whilst they have not been ideal in the very cold I reckon with heated grips and silk linners I will just about manage and I dont want big bulky winter gloves if I can help it. However in BMW the other day I saw these new 2 in 1 gloves and although this site says its summer gloves it also says multiseason - thinking they would be simmilar if not better than the 365s.

http://www.bmw-motorrad.co.uk/news/?news_table=national_news&article_id=847

GTX_GL-19592_350.jpg

Anyone use them?

I've been using them for about 2 months now. Good flow for summer riding, you just have to expose your palm a little to catch the wind.

I have heated grips and have to crank the heat up a little when the temp drops when using the "grip" section. The water proof section is thick, so make sure you try them on. They are made by Held but tailored to BMW's design. Not sure how they will hold up in winter. Overall 3 season perfect so far.

Cheers. Sounds comparible to the 365s then as they too dont quite manage all year round bit should just about manage with heated grips and silk liners for most of it.

Think ill pick up a set as do look more versatile (365s are a PITA when damp) and will be better in summer when my gloves turn into sweaty mess. If needs be will revist proper winter gloves when needed.

Interested to see how this pans out. I use the 365's (and I know what you mean about the lining)

So far so good. Ended up smaller size than expected and bone dry when rest of me was soaked (my textiles are clearly past their best)

Have ended up using grip side most of time so far without issue as like racing gloves in feel. Used dry side one evening on motorway when it was getting late and put heated grips on for hell of it to see if I could feel them. Toasty!!

Latest posts

Back