Gilles levers got s1000rr 17-18 model

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cr500kev

Reaction score
2CE065E3-1FCF-4941-9536-C3F13731AC7F.jpeg2BC1BB44-0CA1-48FE-9136-ED322594152C.jpeg
Anyone running the Gilles fxl levers
And any probs with them. ?
Any info would be great đź‘Ť

Last edited:
I've had them on my Gen 1 and now have had them on my Gen 3 for the last 2 years. Can't fault them, easy to install, look good with good adjustability.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Just wondering with the new models with cruise control
the clutch lever has 2 plastic bits under the lever.
Will I need to take the plastic bits off and fit on the new lever so will work correctly?

Levers

They should come supplied with fitting instructions but whatever you do be careful not to damage the delicate clutch microswitches. If you do both the quickshifter and cruise control will no longer function.

Re: Levers

Thats good advise as i did exactly that and damaged the micro switches.There is a vid on you tube that shiws you how to avoid this which i watched before fitting another pair and everything was fine.You will know if you have done it right if after fitting you pull the clutch lever in you will hear two clicks.

Microswitches

The microswitches are part of the switch assembly on the bike. You need to be careful when removing the OEM lever, and installing the new clutch lever, because if not you will easily damage them.

Re: Microswitches

I have just had a ganders at the switch on mine
Yep looks piss easy to install. I have just seen the alpha racing levers today online and might get some of them instead of the Gilles.
Thanks guys for info. Just bin watching them get installed on YouTube.
Cheers :D

Ryan yer bike looks mint That Looks a right weapon.
Them Levers look quality

Last edited:
Back