Gen 3 Throttle Tube - Easy repalcement?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timbo s2

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Morning all,

Quick question. I have a set of bars and new switchgear to fit. I don't want to retain heated grips, and would rather keep the standard clip ons, grips, switches etc. as a complete unit to swap back easily if required.

Can I simply get a second hand throttle tube and stick a new grip on it, or will this require re-coding or cause problems? Is there a better performance orientated throttle tube option (that isn;t ?700 like the Alpha one!)!

Thanks!

I did this, I have the originals in a box. I bought an HP4-Race throttle because it's the same as OEM but minus the heated grips. Plug and play, but to be sure I'd reset the adaptions and have the bike learn the new throttle.

Yes I bought direct.
The other option is to just buy 2nd hand from eBay, a breaker or something like that.

better to buy on ebay,they go for around ?80-?100. last time i looked, ?200+ from bmw (and that was with discount..).

as far as reset goes,we've done it manually with no issues..
ignition on,fully twist throttle,leave open for a couple of seconds,close throttle,turn ignition off,then back on again.

Latest posts

Back