Gen 3 aftermarket suspension

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paz_37

Reaction score
Has anyone upgraded their suspension on a Gen3 that can give some honest feedback if it was worth it? I only ride on track.

I haven't had the DDC suspension set up yet, Donington tomorrow but it feels ok to me regardless. It's the one mod that i am undecided about.

TIA

Once sprung to your weight I think very few of us can out perform the DDC.
I'll be heading to MCT on the 2nd for springing and setup for me and my usage.

Assuming its <?500 for the work then it's better value than replacing it.

Roadrunner and a couple of others will swear by the difference setup can make.

DDC Suspension

I've had my DDC suspension professionally set up by MCT and my bike is only used on track. Changes included lighter fork springs, valving, air gap, fork oil etc resulting in significantly improved feel and response. That said if I started racing again I would completely remove it and fit a K-Tech cartridge kit and rear shock. For me the DDC system doesn't give the level adjustment or refinement that aftermarket race suspension offers but it is absolutely fine for trackday use if set up properly.

2nd that for MCT, had my gen3 done last week by Darren. It's mega now, honestly, you'd have to be seriously fast (battering everyone in the fast group) or racing to need more than the DDC can offer. ?352 with springs and setup for the front for mine, worth every penny.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

As a light rider, I couldn't get near the specified sag. It felt too stiff on the road but ok on track (for my pace anyway!). Swapped the front and rear springs and it's made a big difference, I can now change the rebound and compression settings and feel a difference.

For a light rider, the front appears to need a larger correction than the rear but the DDC manages the change well with the in-built adjustability. I will probably change the rear spring to something stiffer on mine and in hindsight taking it to someone like MCT would have been better, but I have learned a lot by experimenting with different setups.

Thanks for the feedback. I will look into MCT i think and go from there. Feel like i've saved ?1500!!

Very interesting guys, I have also been thinking about getting my suspension set up looked at, I'm Hampshire, anyone know a place which isn't a 300 mile round trip like MCT?

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Very interesting guys, I have also been thinking about getting my suspension set up looked at, I'm Hampshire, anyone know a place which isn't a 300 mile round trip like MCT?

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
I went to MCT and it was a 300 mile round trip đź–’ worth every mile trust me.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Back