Gear shifter peg and boots

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IMORTAL_Indian

Reaction score
I posted a while back that the grip on the standard pegs are a little slippy in the wet... however, since owning the bike, I have noticed that the left boot where I change the gears with has REALLY worn out (even though they have the re-enforced bit).... not sure if anyone else has experienced anything similar, but I have forwarded the pictures to Alpinestars (4 weeks ago... no response yet)... the boots are about 15 months old, however, only really been used for about 5 months as i tend to swap boots with another 2 pairs...

image3.JPG
image5.JPG
image1.JPG
image4.JPG

Blimey Immortal, have you done a zillion miles in the last 5 months or are you habitually scratching the top of your foot on the gear lever?! I've got a pair of ancient SMX boots that are still fine on the gear change..

Plenty grip on the gear lever and brake pedal but like you I found the footrests a bit slippy,have since replaced them with Gilles pegs and no problems now.
Looking at your boots have you got a badly finished lever with a sharp bit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back